Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 06/29/15
- (6/24/15) Construction Defect Legal Secretary. Travelers is hiring for a construction defect legal secretary in Rancho Cordova, California. Please visit https://www.travelers.com/about-us/careers/job-search/index.aspx for complete job posting and how to apply.
- (6/23/15) Legal Secretary (Downtown Sacramento). Downtown Sacramento litigation defense firm seeks highly organized, self-motivated Legal Secretary for its Medical Negligence Department. Full-time position. Salary DOE. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, group life and 401(K). Parking provided.
- Minimum 5 years experience in civil litigation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, dependable
- Upbeat, pleasant and professional, a team player
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to follow instruction closely
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, including Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of current court rules, calendaring, e-filing, both state and federal
- Experience with discovery, trial preparation, motions, briefs, creating tables of contents and table of authorities
- Ability to transcribe dictation
For consideration, please mail your resume along with references and a cover letter to:
1000 G Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95814
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
- (6/23/15) Litigation Paralegal. Auburn firm is seeking a full-time litigation paralegal with a minimum of three years recent litigation experience along with proven ability at drafting pleadings, research, discovery, law and motion, and preparing matters for trial. Applicant must be able to maintain timely and continuous attendance. Position requires excellent written and oral communication skills with special attention to proofing and formatting. Applicant must have strong computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite, Lexis and Westlaw. Compensation is dependent on experience. We offer benefits including medical and 401K company contribution. Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com and should include a cover letter and resume as well as your prior compensation.
- (6/10/15) Litigation Assistant/Paralegal. Law firm in downtown Sacramento is seeking an experienced litigation assistant/paralegal with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in drafting discovery responses, motions, organizing records, and trial prep. Applicant must know state rules and procedures, be able to draft correspondence, motions and discovery responses, be a self-starter and able to work without a lot of supervision. This position requires exemplary organization skills, attention to detail, strong client service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure and to be a team player, and the ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-pace environment. Must be proficient in Word 2010, Excel, Outlook, CompuLaw, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and PowerPoint. Salary is DOE. Please send cover letter, salary history/requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (6/6/15) Trusts and Estates Legal Secretary/Paralegal (Sacramento). Family Wealth Law Group is seeking a full-time legal secretary/paralegal to assist an experienced estate planning attorney. Applicant must have at least three (3) years of experience with the preparation of basic estate planning documents, such as trusts, wills, and powers of attorney, as well as probate, trust administration, preparing and filing court documents. Strong organization and people skills are a must. The ability to manage highly sensitive and legal matters with professionalism is required. Applicant must be able to maintain attorney's calendar and appointments. Other general and administrative support will be required. Salary commensurate with experience.
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience:
- 4 year college degree or legal secretary/paralegal certification, a plus
- 3+ years as a paralegal specializing in trusts and estate planning
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technologically savvy--strong user of Outlook, MS Word and Excel
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- (6/2/15) Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Sonora). Legal Assistant/Paralegal position with a prominent law firm in Sonora, CA. Experience in Probate, Trusts, Estate Planning, Conservatorships and Guardianships required. Proficiency with MS Word, WordPerfect, Excel, creating correspondence, legal documents and pleadings necessary. Salary based on experience and abilities. Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (6/2/15) Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Sonora). Legal Assistant/Paralegal position with a prominent law firm in Sonora, CA. Proficiency with MS Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Quicken and Timeslips necessary. Skills in client billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, file management and organization necessary. Experience in Probate, Trust and Estate Planning helpful. Salary based on experience and abilities. Submit resumes to email@example.com.
- (5/15/15) Litigation Secretary (Sacramento). Sacramento law firm seeks a full or part time experienced litigation secretary, minimum 5 years of experience as a legal secretary.
Duties/Experience Required include:
- Heavy typing (minimum 60 words per minute).
- Preparation and electronic filing of legal pleadings.
- Data entry.
- Managing attorney calendars.
- Correspondence and communication with clients, courts, and attorneys.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of WordPerfect, Outlook, Sage Timeslips, and Adobe. Knowledge of federal and state rules of court and civil procedure is necessary.
Applicants must be able to work under deadlines, communicate effectively, and have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. Problem solving skills, a good memory, and organization are a must for this busy desk.
We are located in Sacramento in the Howe Ave./Fair Oaks Blvd. vicinity. We are a bankruptcy firm that has a select group of clients that we serve, not the general public. Bankruptcy experience is desired. Please submit cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please detail in your cover letter what specific experience you have that corresponds with the duties listed above.
- (5/15/15) Legal Secretary/Assistant. Mennemeier Glassman LLP, a small downtown law firm specializing in civil litigation, seeks an experienced litigation secretary/assistant for a part-time position (approx. 20-25 hours/week). Candidates should have 2 years of litigation experience, be familiar with state and federal court rules and procedures, have the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines, be able to edit and proofread legal documents, and have excellent clerical skills for maintaining files. Proficiency in Word, WordPerfect, and Timeslips is a must. The position allows for a flexible schedule. Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications. The firm provides competitive compensation and paid parking. Interested parties may send résumés via email to email@example.com.
- (5/14/15) Legal Secretary - Litigation (Downtown Sacramento). Somach Simmons & Dunn, a mid-sized environmental law firm, is currently looking for an experienced legal secretary with a minimum ten years of civil litigation experience as well as some public agency experience. Qualified candidates will possess excellent communication, organizational, document production, and computer skills combined with a strong work ethic. Candidate must have a thorough working knowledge of WORD, type at least 75 wpm, and possess excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills. Working knowledge of both federal and state court rules is required. Must be able to work independently, have the ability to multi-task, have excellent attention to detail, and be a team player. Somach Simmons & Dunn offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits including paid parking. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter including salary requirements to Somach Simmons & Dunn, Attn: Craig Price, 500 Capitol Mall, Suite 1000, Sacramento, CA 95814 (no phone calls please).
- (5/6/15) Part-Time Administrative Assistant. MALDEF is the nation's leading non-profit Latino civil rights law firm. Founded in 1968, MALDEF works to safeguard the civil rights of Latinos and to increase the community's ability to participate fully in American society. We currently seek a part-time Administrative Assistant to support our legal and policy staff in the Sacramento Office. Please click here for job announcement and how to apply.
- (4/30/15) Secretary/Legal Assistant. A well-established Midtown law firm is seeking a full-time experienced (with 3-5 years minimum) litigation secretary/legal assistant for our eminent domain and real estate practice. The candidate must have previous law and motion, discovery, trial preparation, and appellate support experience. He or she will be responsible for managing a calendar for multiple attorneys, document preparation (including properly formatting, proof-reading, filing, and serving motions and other legal documents). A successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- be upbeat, pleasant and professional, and a team player
- possess strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to follow instructions closely
- be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Word and Outlook; WordPerfect; Dropbox; Legal Solutions; and TABs
- have a working knowledge of current rules of civil procedure and rules of court, calendaring procedure, and e-filing and fax-filing, and familiarity with state and federal and appellate courts
- have experience with discovery, trial preparation, preparation of motions and briefs, and formatting documents generally, including creating tables of contents and authorities
- be proficient in transcribing dictation
Competitive compensation and benefits and parking will be offered to the selected candidate. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Advertise with SLSA -