Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 04/08/14
- (4/8/14) Paralegal. Small Midtown Sacramento Law Firm seeks someone with paralegal experience to support a civil litigation practice. This is a full-time position; hours are from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, salary and benefits DOE. MUST have work experience in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Word Perfect, and Cloud storage programs such as Drop Box. Must have experience ordering and summarizing medical records, page-lining depositions, and helping with discovery and trial preparation. Experience in Abacus, legal solutions, and E-transcript preferred but not necessary. Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Carrie Brazil at email@example.com.
- (4/7/14) Litigation Secretary. Newly formed boutique law firm in downtown Sacramento seeks a full-time litigation secretary with a minimum of 3 years experience to provide high quality administrative and secretarial assistance to assigned lawyers and paralegals. Duties and responsibilities include proofreading and finalizing letters, pleadings, and motions; maintaining paper and electronic files; accurately completing paper and electronic court filings; docketing; answering telephones, and screening and transmitting telephone calls to lawyers; scheduling depositions and conference calls; arranging travel for attorneys; maintaining a calendar of court, travel, meetings and other commitments; and performing other duties as assigned, including serving as back-up receptionist, as required. Must have superior grammar and proofreading skills, and be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, prioritize duties and work under pressure with minimum supervision. Ideal applicant will be a proactive, self-starter who shows ownership of his or her work, a commitment to serving the firm’s clients, a strong ability to work well as part of a team, and a very positive attitude. Interested individuals should provide a resume and list of references to Danielle Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (3/27/14) Legal Secretary. Construction defect/civil litigation law firm in Roseville seeks a full-time legal secretary to support the managing partner and two associates. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years experience as a litigation secretary. Must possess strong knowledge of legal forms, procedures, and court rules, as well as experience in e-filing and e-service. Position requires excellent organizational, typing, proofreading, and computer skills with specific knowledge in Word, Outlook, Legal Solutions, File & Serve Xpress, and Vision. Competitive salary & benefits. Friendly/casual & interesting work environment. Resumes will be accepted via email to email@example.com or fax to (916)367-7491, attn: Director of Human Resources.
- (3/20/14) Experienced Litigation Secretary. National law firm seeking an experienced litigation secretary for their Sacramento office. Candidates must be proficient in Word 2010 and have worked with an automated calendaring system. Candidates must be highly organized and able to multitask efficiently.
Minimum requirements include:
- 5 years experience, defense litigation a plus
- Excellent word processing skills
- Advanced skills in Word 2010
- Experience in calendaring trials with an automated system
- Generate TOA and TOC
- Experience with e-filing in all courts
- Experience with Courtcall
- Good knowledge of superior and federal court rules
Candidates should be comfortable working with a variety of computer software programs and be capable of quickly learning new ones as needed. Candidates must be able to work independently and be proactive. Candidates must have proven experience supporting 3 attorneys efficiently.
Competitive salary and benefits. Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Seeking litigation secretary with above qualifications for a temporary assignment while secretary is on LOA. Assignment will begin about April 11 and go through mid August.
- (2/21/14) Litigation Assistant/Paralegal. Law firm in downtown Sacramento is seeking an experienced litigation assistant/paralegal with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in drafting discovery, motions, organizing records, and trial prep. Applicant must know state rules and procedures, be able to draft correspondence, motions and discovery, be a self-starter and able to work without a lot of supervision. This position requires exemplary organization skills, attention to detail, strong client service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure and to be a team player, and the ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-pace environment. Must be proficient in Word 2010, Excel, Outlook, CompuLaw, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and PowerPoint. Salary is DOE. Please send cover letter, salary history/requirements and resume to email@example.com.
- (2/6/14) Senior Legal Secretary – County of Nevada, Nevada City. The County of Nevada is currently accepting applications for a Senior Legal Secretary. Please click here for the job description. For salary information, position information and qualifications please see the job announcement.
- (1/24/14) Receptionist/File Clerk/Office Services. Midtown Sacramento law firm seeks full-time receptionist/file clerk with a minimum of 2 years office experience. We are seeking a candidate who is professional, courteous and team-oriented with effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail, good attendance and punctuality a must. Duties include: answering phones, greeting clients, filing, providing back-up support to office staff, processing mail, general housekeeping and office errands. Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel essential; valid California Driver’s License and high school diploma required. Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Salary $12 - $15 per hour, DOE; competitive benefits provided. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 916-446-4018.
Advertise with SLSA -