Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 10/08/15
- (10/7/15) Receptionist/File Clerk (Madison/I-80). Fast paced law firm seeking an energetic receptionist/file clerk who is looking to gain experience in the legal field. Must have excellent communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills. Attention to detail a must. The perfect candidate must be able to handle a multi-line phone system, be efficient, reliable and possess a positive attitude. Duties are not limited to answering phones and filing. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- (10/5/15) Legal Secretary. The City of Folsom is looking for a well-qualified legal secretary who seeks work in a supportive environment with diverse and interesting issues. The selected candidate will be a positive team member, who will assist the City Attorney’s Office in achieving great results for the City and its departments. The selected candidate must be a self-starter, able to keep multiple projects on deadline, proficient in the litigation arena, and able to function in a fast-paced and stimulating environment. The City Attorney’s Office is small, with two attorneys and a paralegal; its ability to function well depends on skilled team members whose priorities are how best to assist others and make things work. Excellent inter-personal skills are essential, as the position requires frequent contact with the public, employees and counsel. If you would enjoy being part of a great city and holding an important and interesting position in a dynamic office, and if you have proven skills as a Legal Secretary, then the City Attorney’s Office would like you to review the Legal Secretary position online and apply. Final Filing Date: 10/23/15. Contact Human Resources at (916) 355-7202, or www.folsom.ca.us at Job Openings for additional information. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
- (10/2/15) Office Assistant. We are a Workers’ Compensation Defense Law Firm located in Rancho Cordova, CA. We are seeking a dependable, professional, and detail oriented office assistant to provide support to our staff and team of attorneys. This position is full time. Potential candidates must be organized, professional, dependable, have good communication and computer skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time to keep up with a fast-paced job. At least 1 year of office experience required.
Duties would include but are not limited to making copies, processing mail/postage, scanning documents, phones, set up of new claims and searching database on computer. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks quickly. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Outlook, Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat are a must. Wage will vary depending on experience and background. Benefits are provided for this full time position. Please send your resume, cover letter, and any references to Elizabeth Trimm at email@example.com.
- (9/30/15) Litigation Secretary. We are a litigation firm specializing in insurance defense seeking a reliable, experienced and detail oriented legal secretary to provide support to our staff and team of attorneys. This position is full time, approximately 35-40 hours per week. Potential candidates must be organized, self-driven and have at least 5 years of legal secretary experience. We are seeking a candidate requiring minimal training that can hit the ground running and become the asset our team is looking for.
Although duties may vary, candidates must have experience in and be able to efficiently do the following:
- Support the workload and tasks of multiple attorneys;
- Accurately calendar deadlines and limitations;
- Possess knowledge and know-how of local and surrounding area court rules and policies & procedures;
- Prepare, edit, review and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements;
- Perform transcription;
- Schedule depositions, meetings and arrange conference rooms;
- Manage attorney travel and schedule;
- Prepare basic correspondence to clients and opposing counsel with minimal supervision;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system;
- Communicate effectively with outside counsel and parties;
- Exercise attention to detail.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint), Outlook, and Adobe Pro is a must. Wage will vary depending on experience and background. Excellent PTO, health, dental, vision and 401k benefits provided after probationary period. Please send resume and cover letter to the attention of Katelyn Moore at Katelyn.Moore@llg-law.com.
- (9/21/15) Legal Secretary-Insurance Defense Claim Litigation Counsel. State Farm Insurance Company’s claim litigation counsel law firm, Tiza Serrano Thompson & Associates, is seeking an experienced legal secretary with 3-15 years of insurance defense experience for the Sacramento Corporate Litigation Counsel office. Applicants must have excellent customer service, communication, organizational and prioritization skills, as well as an affinity for working in a team environment. Qualified candidates must possess attention to detail, be highly organized, able to work well under pressure, and demonstrate initiative and excellent communication skills. Accountability, dependability, punctuality, and a strong work ethic are job requirements. College graduate and prior civil trial support experience preferred. Prior insurance defense law firm experience and Bilingual Spanish skills are a plus. Knowledge of MS Office software and ability to learn software applications required.
Only online applications will be considered and we encourage you to complete the application and the resume text section as well. Applicants must thoroughly complete all fields for your online application at statefarm.com/careers and refer to Job ID number 45289. You may also include your salary requirements. Please do not telephone or contact the office about this position directly. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive health and welfare package including a company defined pension benefit plan and 401(k) plan.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
- Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
You may also be eligible to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance, vision, 401(k) plan, credit union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more. For more information about our company, careers and Total Rewards, visit www.statefarm.com/careers. You can also learn more about what to expect from our employment process here. State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
- (9/18/15) Family Law Paralegal. Delfino Madden O’Malley Coyle Koewler LLP, a corporate, business, employment, and family law firm located in downtown Sacramento, is seeking an experienced family law paralegal to join its growing litigation team. You must be a self-starter, organized, and have a minimum of three years of experience, including at least one year of family law experience.
- Organizing and maintaining files (paper and electronic) and client document databases;
- Mastery of legal formatting and experience drafting pleadings and judicial council forms
- Assisting in preparation for trial, contested hearings, and mediation;
- Interviewing clients, drafting declarations, preparing financial schedules and drafting and responding to written discovery;
- Extensive correspondence and communication with clients, courts, and attorneys.
- Proficient use of Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Dissomaster, Proportizer, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Knowledge of Legal Solutions, Timeslips, Dissomaster, Westlaw, and Worldox;
- Experience with California Rules of Court and Civil Procedure;
- Must have a thorough knowledge of California Court filing requirements;
- Must have strong knowledge of calendaring (i.e. court rules, dates, procedures);
- Exceptional attention to detail, grammar, and proofreading skills;
- Basic understanding of tax and business valuation concepts preferred;
- A professional appearance and demeanor; and
- Work independently and manage deadlines.
The firm offers an excellent compensation and benefit package and a collegial, friendly-working environment. Please submit your resumes online to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.
- (9/15/15) Supervising Legal Office Professional. The Sacramento County Office of the Public Defender is seeking to fill a position for Supervising Legal Office Professional. Please click here for position announcement and how to apply.
- (9/9/15) Civil Litigation Secretary. Klinedinst PC is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working and focused Civil Litigation Secretary with at least 5 years of experience for our downtown Sacramento office. Klinedinst PC is a team-oriented law firm that is dedicated to providing the utmost of service to our clients. If you are interested in joining our team of professionals and are ready for immediate responsibility with growth opportunities, Klinedinst is the place. For more information please visit our website at www.klinedinstlaw.com/careers.
- (9/8/15) Legal Secretary. Cohen Durrett, LLP, a small Sacramento business law firm seeks a full-time legal secretary with strong civil litigation experience. Please do not respond if you have no litigation experience and/or have never worked as a civil litigation assistant in a law office.
Must have good interpersonal skills for client contact. Attention to detail, competency with Word (including formation of tables), Excel, Outlook and excellent proofreading skills essential. The position requires experience in managing and maintaining civil litigation files and calendaring in both paper and electronic formats. Respond with cover letter and resume. Please no phone calls, no faxes and no walk-ins. Salary DOE.
Essential duties include: managing a calendar for multiple attorneys, litigation-related duties including document preparation in Word (including formation of tables), drafting and filing legal documents including correspondence, pleadings and orders, transcribing dictation, proofreading and editing documents, opening and closing files. This position requires exemplary organization skills, attention to detail, strong client service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: MS Word, Outlook, Abacus, federal court rules, California state and local rules, court filing procedures, e-filing, strong spelling and grammar skills. A successful candidate would be able to work independently and be a team player.
Please submit your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com.
- (8/24/15) Full-Time Receptionist. King Williams & Gleason LLP, a Sacramento-area boutique law firm, is seeking a full-time Receptionist, who can work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This position will provide clerical support to multiple attorneys. The successful candidate is punctual, reliable, detail-oriented, and takes pride in maintaining a well-organized and professional work environment.
Required Skills and Abilities Include:
- Assist with general office duties, including but not limited to setting out refreshments for clients.
- Answer calls and route them to appropriate departments or persons.
- Create clients for life by meeting and greeting clients upon arrival and directing them to appropriate meeting rooms.
- Ensure lobby and conference rooms are neat and tidy, adequately supplied and professional at all times.
- Assist with rush production requests; i.e. binding transcripts; uploading exhibits.
- Assist with faxes, scanning, and copying as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and reference list to Brittany Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org with Receptionist in the subject line. The firm provides competitive compensation and paid garage parking. Please no phone calls.
- (8/21/15) Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant. A well-established mid-size Sacramento law firm is seeking a full-time experienced (10 years minimum) litigation secretary/legal assistant for a partner who handles personal injury and medical malpractice defense in California and Nevada. This individual must have previous law and motion, discovery and trial preparation experience. Must have knowledge of California and federal court rules. Knowledge of Nevada rules and procedures would be a plus but is not required; however, be willing to learn Nevada rules and procedures.
Essential duties include: managing a calendar for multiple attorneys, litigation-related duties including document preparation, drafting and filing legal documents including correspondence, pleadings and orders, transcribing dictation, proofreading and editing documents, opening and closing files.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: MS Word, Outlook, Legal Solutions, Abacus, federal court rules, California state and local rules, court filing procedures, e-filing, strong spelling and grammar skills. A successful candidate would be able to work independently and be a team player.
The firm offers health/dental/life/disability benefits as well as a pension/profit sharing plan. Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Advertise with SLSA -