Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 05/26/16
- (5/25/16) Legal Assistant. One to five years' experience. Must have excellent word processing and computer skills. Plaintiff personal injury practice. Nice office with free parking in very pleasant midtown location. Full-time position. Salary based on skills and experience. Please send resume and cover letter describing your word processing skills and work experience to NambaLaw@aol.com.
- (5/17/16) Litigation Secretary. Busy Civil Litigation firm seeks experienced litigation secretary. Candidates should have at least five years’ experience, with three years in Civil. Candidates must be proficient in calendaring and knowledgeable in court rules both state and federal. Candidates must be able to support three attorneys, have excellent organizational skills, be able to multi-task and work independently and as a team player. Must know Word, Outlook, Abacus, transcription, Legal Solutions, Excel, and Word Perfect. Must have excellent word processing skills (70+ wpm). This is a busy desk and requires efficiency and good time management skills. This is a full-time position. Please send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (5/9/16) Legal Assistant. Mastagni, Holstedt A.P.C. seeks two experienced full-time legal assistants. One will support a labor/employment practice and the other a civil litigation practice. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Duties include organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, preparation and filing of legal documents, data entry, managing attorney calendars, and correspondence and communication with clients, courts, and attorneys. This position requires proficiency in the use of MS Windows, MS Office, and client databases. Knowledge of rules of court and civil procedure is necessary. Applicants must be able to work cooperatively, communicate well, have a professional appearance and demeanor, good judgment, and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.
- (5/9/16) Legal Secretary. Fast-paced bankruptcy law practice in R-Street Corridor has an opening for an experienced and dependable legal secretary. This is a very dynamic and busy desk working with professional and friendly attorneys. State and federal court litigation experience a must and appellate experience would be preferred. Qualified candidates must be familiar with PACER, federal and state court filing procedures and requirements. We use Word, WordPerfect, Excel and Outlook. Candidate must be attentive to detail and prioritize multiple tasks. We provide a competitive salary; 401k program, healthcare benefits and paid parking. Hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 to 5:00. Please e-mail your cover letter with salary requirements, resume and at least two references to Eangello@dnlc.net. Please no phone calls.
- (5/9/16) Litigation/Legislative Secretary. The Sacramento office of Greenberg Traurig, LLP currently seeks a Litigation/Legislative Secretary for our Litigation and Government Law & Policy Departments. Preferred qualified candidates will possess well-developed litigation knowledge, administrative and organizational skills, as well as a high level of initiative, excellent judgment and pride in their work.
The secretary will provide a wide range of administrative, clerical and document processing services to support the practice of attorneys and lobbyists. Candidate should be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of litigation procedures, the ability to comprehend a variety of legal and court documents from case inception through discovery, various law and motion practice, and trial. This candidate must possess a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate well with others.
Duties & Responsibilities
This role provides support that will ensure consistent and timely administration of legal and other specific documentation as requested, and a variety of legal and secretarial duties that include the following:
- Maintain legal files (both paper & electronic), organize and file documents in designated order.
- Communicate with clients, external parties, court and other government entities and liaisons.
- Process time entry, make travel arrangements, process reimbursement expenses, maintain calendar, and other administrative duties, as needed by the department.
- Update case information, scan documents, and conduct research.
- Manage document deliveries and track final executed documentation.
- Prepare, type, enter, proofread, format and process court-related correspondence.
- File pleadings with the State and Federal Courts (ECF) and serve documents as required.
- Adhere to legal document standards to ensure proper format and completeness for court acceptance.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Perform data entry of tracked legislation and prepare and run departmental reports for lobbyists.
- Prepare correspondence and other supporting documentation for communication with the Legislature.
- Schedule appointments with legislative staff at Legislature.
- Track political contributions, attend contributions meetings with lobbyists.
- Understanding of reports filed with the Fair Political Practices Commission regarding lobbying activity.
This position requires computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Preferred candidates will have a minimum of eight (8) years of legal secretary experience with a law firm, and a strong ability to maintain high standards, while seeking out ways to contribute and anticipate needs. Please visit www.gtlaw.com to apply.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value the diversity of our people.
- (5/5/16) Legal Secretary. Ultimate Staffing seeks professional Legal Secretaries to work in the Sacramento area! We work with many firms in Sacramento who are looking for Jr. to Sr. Legal Assistants. Most are DIRECT HIRE opportunities! Candidates will be able to work in a professional, fast-paced environment where your experience, education, and training can be fully utilized. We are looking for people who have litigation as well as transactional experience. Experience with transcription, proofreading, editing, e-filing, calendaring, word processing, scheduling, contracts, agreements, and filing. Specific experience in Worker’s Compensation, litigation, employment law, and medical malpractice is a big plus but any legal office experience is great! Please send your resume to Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (5/4/16) Litigation Secretary. Growing national law firm seeks an experienced litigation secretary for their Construction Defect team. Candidates should have at least 5 years’ experience. Candidates must be proficient in calendaring and knowledgeable in court rules both state and federal. Candidates must be able to support 3 attorneys, have excellent organizational skills, be able to multi-task and work independently and as a team player. This is a busy desk and requires efficiency and good time management skills. This is a full time position with competitive salary and benefits. Please send resume, cover letter, and references in confidence to email@example.com.
- (5/3/16) Family Law Legal Secretary/Assistant. The Law Office of Linda D. States is seeking a seasoned professional with substantial litigation experience, preferably in family law, to support her newer family law practice in a beautiful park-like setting in Sacramento (at American River Drive and Watt). Initially the position is part-time, to expand to full-time. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in family law litigation, calendaring, billing, state/local rules and software, be detail-oriented, possess superb communication/interpersonal skills, and manage time and deadlines responsibly. Alternate experience will also be considered for otherwise strong candidates. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (4/21/16) Legal Assistant. Environmental law firm has an opening for an experienced legal assistant. We practice in both federal and state court. Our office is located near Loehmann's Plaza. Free parking. Qualified candidates must be familiar with PACER, federal and state court filing procedures and requirements. Our practice, representing governmental entities against polluters, is challenging. The ideal candidate will be an eager learner, responsible and a self-starter. The position requires being able to work on different projects with different teams. We use WordPerfect, Word and Excel, Outlook. Client contact is minimal. Casual attire is expected. Wages are competitive. Healthcare benefits, for employees and their dependents, are superb, with participation in the 401k after one year. Please send cover letter and your current resume to email@example.com.
- (4/21/16) Legal Assistant. Busy Civil Litigation (defense) firm in Roseville seeks legal assistant with 1 to 5 years’ experience for a full-time position. We are a busy firm with 5 attorneys. You will be acting as the receptionist/legal assistant. Candidates must be familiar with court rules, both state and federal. Candidates must also be organized, detailed oriented, able to multi-task, work independently, be dependable, and be a team player. Please e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (4/5/16) Estate Planning Legal Secretary. Weintraub Tobin's Sacramento office is currently seeking a full-time (40 hours per week), experienced Estate Planning Secretary to join our Trust and Estates Practice Group. The successful candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced and professional environment, enjoy working as part of a team, and demonstrate a commitment to quality client service. Under minimal supervision, the Estate Planning Secretary will be expected to carry out the following job duties and responsibilities:
- Welcome guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produce legal information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics, coordinating case preparation and assuring that high priority items are completed in a timely manner.
- Conserve attorneys' time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Draft letters and documents; collect and analyze information; schedule couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinate preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; prepare expense reports.
- Maintain attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, depositions, and travel; record and monitor court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitor evidence-gathering.
- Complete and submit conflict check forms, screening forms and new matter request forms.
- Represent attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; know when to refer matters to the attorney.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Input time entry; review and edit bills.
- Additional duties as assigned including assisting other secretaries, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following capabilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathize with clients and build a personal connection
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Superb drafting skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Stress and time management skills
- Flexibility in dealing with multiple projects and assignments
- Strong client focus
- Excellent at managing the very busy desk, interacting with clients, and proactively keeping work and assigned attorneys on schedule
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five years of Trusts and Estate Planning experience including trust administration, probate administration and related real estate projects.
- Knowledge of State, Probate Court and tax filings requirements.
- Advanced operation and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Type 50 wpm.
- Solid drafting and proofreading skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- (3/10/16) Full-Time Legal Secretary. Preeminent Workers' Compensation Defense Law Firm is seeking an experienced full-time legal secretary for its Sacramento office to support friendly busy attorneys. Ideal candidate should have two years of experience and be reliable, organized, dependable, and able to take direction. Candidates must have good written and oral communication skills. Candidates should have proficient knowledge of Workers' Compensation procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transcription with digital dictation machines
- Proactively assist in the handling of upcoming events
- Determining dates upon which various pleadings must be served and filed, and ensuring service by those dates
- Following up with doctors and third party vendors regarding appointments and reports
Additionally, the chosen candidate should possess these competencies and skills:
Please reply to Tyler Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, professional references, and a cover letter outlining your workers' compensation experience for this position and your familiarity with EAMS.
- Ability to format pleadings
- Ability to identify urgent tasks and to prioritize accordingly
- Able to practice appropriate office etiquette
- Ability to manage their time and multitask effectively
- Able to display problem-solving skills by developing methods or approaches to getting the work done
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities
- (12/7/15) Paralegal-County of Sacramento. Position Information: Under the direction and supervision of a licensed attorney, performs legal tasks assisting the attorney in preparing legal documents, and other legal services. Please refer to the online job announcement for further details.
In accordance with the California Business and Professions Code, section 6450 (c), as may be amended from time to time, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Possess a certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association.
- Possess a certificate of completion of a paralegal program at, or a degree from, a postsecondary institution that requires the successful completion of a minimum of 24 semester, or equivalent, units in law-related courses and that has been accredited by a national or regional accrediting organization or approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education.
- Possess a baccalaureate degree or an advanced degree in any subject and a minimum of one year of law-related experience under the supervision of an attorney who has been an active member of the State Bar of California for at least the preceding three years or who has practiced in the federal courts of this state for at least the preceding three years, and a written declaration from this attorney stating that the person is qualified to perform paralegal tasks.
- Possess a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma and a minimum of three years of law-related experience under the supervision of an attorney who has been an active member of the State Bar of California for at least the preceding three years or who has practiced in the federal courts of this state for at least the preceding three years, and a written declaration from this attorney stating that the person is qualified to perform paralegal tasks.
Note: The word “experience” referenced in the minimum qualifications means full-time paid experience unless the job announcement states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit a County of Sacramento employment application online, in person, or by mail, by 5:00 p.m. on the posted cut-off date. www.SacCountyJobs.net.
Advertise with SLSA -