Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 12/05/13
- (12/5/13) Legal Assistant/Paralegal/Secretary. Sacramento law office seeks a full-time Legal Assistant/Paralegal/Secretary. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: basic computer skills, filing, back-up reception and organizing large volumes of documents. Requires excellent telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills. Applicants should have excellent customer service skills and be able to multitask. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and extraordinary attention to detail. Dependability and punctuality is a must. Must be a quick learner, professional and able to closely follow instructions. Duties will include answering and transferring phone calls, taking messages, greeting clients, faxing, mailing, filing, scanning, typing, calendaring and file maintenance. Please send resume for confidential review to email@example.com.
- (12/2/13) Litigation Secretary. Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff is looking for a highly qualified litigation secretary. Applicants should have at least 5 years of litigation and trial experience. This position requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. Duties will include but are not limited to: drafting and proof reading documents; complaints, demands, discovery, motions and briefs; filing in Federal and State courts; service; calendaring; scheduling; and heavy client contact. Please send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
- (11/26/13) Court Manager. Court Manager position available within an Attorney Support Office. An Attorney Service in the Downtown Sacramento area is currently seeking a motivated and knowledgeable person to fill the position of Court Department Manager. Duties include receiving and monitoring filings, legal research, and general field work for California and the US. We pride ourselves with accurate and swift service for our clients, as maintaining relationships are very important to us. Knowledge of local courts and the court system is definitely a plus. You may email any resumes to email@example.com.
- (11/21/13) Litigation Legal Secretary. The Sacramento office of Greenberg Traurig has an opening for a litigation legal secretary with 7+ years of experience. Qualified candidates must have a thorough understanding of the processes of state (California) and federal litigation. Must be experienced in, and knowledgeable of, e-filing, trial procedures, discovery, document production, document management, calendaring, and case management. The position requires a team player with a service attitude and a superior ability to maintain effective relationships with attorneys, staff, and the general public. The candidate should be outgoing, creative, intelligent, professional, and polished; must have superior verbal, written and organization skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities. Must also be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience in a fast-paced, large law firm environment highly desired. M-F, 9-6; Candidate should be flexible to work overtime. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package, and a team-oriented environment. Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, full-service law firm with approximately 1750 attorneys serving clients from 35 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. In the U.S., the firm has more offices than any other among the Top 10 on The National Law Journal's 2012 NLJ 250. For additional information, please visit www.gtlaw.com.
- (11/13/13) Legal Secretary II – County of Nevada, Nevada City. The County of Nevada is currently accepting applications for a Legal Secretary II. For salary information, position information and qualifications please see the job announcement online at: http://www.mynevadacounty.com/nc/hr/Pages/Present-Job-Openings.aspx.
- (11/4/13) Law Clerk/Legal Assistant. Seeking a Law Clerk/Legal Assistant for a three attorney midtown firm. The candidate should have a working knowledge of litigation procedures. Experience in case management, calendaring, court rules, court filings, and communication with court personnel is preferred. Proficiency in WordPerfect, case management software and preparation of Judicial Counsel forms is beneficial. Candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task and work independently. Job responsibilities include: administrative/clerical functions, drafting legal documents (e.g., motions, stipulations, letters, etc.), and court filings (including e-filing), among other tasks. Please send resume, salary expectations, and cover letter via e-mail to Denise Carruth at Lawgroup344@yahoo.com.
- (10/2/13) Civil Litigation Secretary/Paralegal. Civil Litigation/Paralegal Needed. Evers Law Group seeks an experienced litigation secretary/paralegal to work in a team environment on heavy business litigation matters. Applicant must have at least five years litigation experience and be proficient in WordPerfect, TimeSlips, Abacus, calendaring, etc. A working knowledge of the Code of Civil Procedure, California Court Rules and The Discovery Act is a must. Evers Law Group offers flexible hours, paid holidays, and paid vacation after successful completion of probationary period. Wage is based on experience. Please email your resume and hourly wage requirements in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (9/11/13) Bilingual (English/Spanish) Litigation Secretary. BEESON, TAYER & BODINE, a 20-attorney Union-side labor law firm with California offices in Oakland and Sacramento, has an opening for a bilingual (English/Spanish) litigation secretary in our Sacramento Office starting January 1, 2014. This position supports our traditional labor law board practice. Our support staff works as a team with our attorneys in support of the labor movement as well as the rights of individual employees. The Sacramento Office is comprised of highly motivated, committed, collaborative and professional individuals - we are looking to find another such person to join our team. For information about our firm, please see our website at www.beesontayer.com. The starting hourly rate for this position is $35.50 ($64,610.00) annually for a thirty-five hour workweek). The rate of pay will increase after twelve months to $37.00/$67,340.00. In addition, we offer an excellent benefit package which includes a traditional pension plan, parking allowance, and 100% employer-paid family coverage (medical, dental and vision). Retiree coverage is also available after meeting certain requirements.
Requirements: The position requires a minimum five years recent legal secretarial experience, including two years of relevant litigation experience in state and federal courts. This position also requires written and spoken fluency in both Spanish and English. Significant experience with computerized, rule set based calendaring programs is also required. We will not consider applications that do not meet these minimum requirements. The ability to work independently and pro-actively is necessary. The successful candidate is also able to work cooperatively, is extremely comfortable with technology and change, has a professional demeanor, good judgment, and exceptional attention to detail. Prior experience with labor and employment/NLRB/PERB matters is desired, experience with ProLaw and e-filing is a plus.
Interview Process: This position will be open on January 1, 2014, although an earlier start date is possible. The first interview will be with the office administrator and the current secretarial staff. Three candidates will proceed to second interviews with the firm's partners. Beeson, Tayer & Bodine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Please submit cover letter and resume as well as salary history and requirements to email@example.com. No telephone calls or in-person applications. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
- (8/26/13) 28109-B Legal Secretary I – County of Sacramento. The County of Sacramento is currently accepting continuous file applications for Legal Secretary I. For Salary Range, Position Information, Examples of Knowledge and Abilities, Employment Qualifications, and Application and Testing Information, please click here to thoroughly read the job announcement and apply online.
Advertise with SLSA -