Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 03/03/15
- (3/2/15) Paralegal/Legal Secretary. As we expand we are adding to our team. Saqui Law Group is looking for a highly motivated, self-directed paralegal or legal secretary with a minimum of 5 years of litigation experience. Qualified paralegal candidates should possess an in-depth knowledge of preparing and formatting litigation documents, as well as familiarity of federal and state court procedures and local rules. The ability to effectively handle the multiple and varied responsibilities of case management and trial preparation in a fast-paced team environment is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Adobe Pro required. Bilingual skills would be a plus. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please reply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (2/20/15) Receptionist. Wilner & O'Reilly, APLC, one of the leading immigration law firms in California has an immediate opening for a full-time receptionist in its Sacramento office. The ideal candidate must be a Bilingual-English/Spanish with at least one year of office experience. Candidates should possess excellent communication, organizational and computer skills. Salary commensurate with experience. W&O is an equal opportunity employer. Please e-mail resume with salary history to email@example.com.
- (2/18/15) Full-Time Legal Secretary. Established small Sacramento (95826) civil litigation firm is seeking an experienced litigation secretary to support 2 attorneys. Candidate should have 1-5 years’ experience and working knowledge of state and federal court rules and procedures. This position requires the ability to answer phones, organize files, draft pleadings, manage calendaring and handle the day to day tasks/challenges of a litigation desk.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Good grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must be familiar with California Code of Civil Procedure, California Local Rules of Court, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and local rules for California District Courts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with lawyers, staff and clients
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
We offer a congenial work environment, health, dental and disability benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- (2/11/15) Legal Secretary I and Legal Secretary II. Disability Rights California has two (2) vacancies for an energetic and organized Legal Secretary I and Legal Secretary II in our Sacramento Regional Office. We offer excellent benefits and a great work environment! Please click here for position information and how to apply.
- (2/9/15) Executive Legal Secretary. Well-established workers' compensation defense law firm in Sacramento seeks an experienced Legal Secretary. Candidates must possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication and time management skills. 3-5 years experience. Subro experience a plus. Excellent pay and benefits. Salary negotiable DOE. Fax or email resumes to Kalie Wikel at (916) 924-3541; email@example.com.
- (1/30/15) Part-Time Litigation Secretary. Donahue Davies LLP, a well-established Folsom area 12 attorney Insurance Defense/Litigation Firm is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable litigation secretary who is organized, detail-oriented, professional, able to efficiently multi-task and has proven experience working with managing partner plus two attorneys.
Qualifications include: 5 + years current experience in insurance/litigation defense, excellent communication skills, advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel. Current knowledge of state and federal court rules is mandatory as well as efficiency in an automated calendaring program.
The firm offers competitive salary and benefits. Please include salary requirements when submitting cover letter, resume, and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (1/30/15) Litigation Paralegal – Roseville. Plaintiff's Civil litigation firm is looking for a full time Litigation Paralegal with 2 years of prior litigation experience. In depth knowledge of California Court procedures, document filing, and local rules is required. Applicant must be able to maintain an Electronic Litigation Calendar, draft correspondence, pleadings, motions and discovery and assist with trial preparation.
This position requires a wide range of administrative and communication skills as well as practical legal skills; excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing; competency in word processing, databases and email, ability to organize, monitor, and track numerous ongoing and one-time activities; strong attention to detail; initiative and the ability to problem solve; discretion in handling and communicating confidential information. Applicant must be very computer literate including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Bachelor's Degree and California Notary Public a plus.
We offer medical benefits and sick/vacation time after a probationary period. Salary is depending on experience.
Please provide cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements to Brianna Smith at email@example.com.
- (1/30/15) Legal Assistant. Preeminent, boutique law firm in Sacramento specializing in natural resources and energy law is seeking a motivated and well organized legal assistant to join our team. Minimum requirements include 7+ years experience in transactional work, strong familiarity with all aspects of litigation (state and federal), attention to detail, excellent client service skills, demonstrated verbal and written communication abilities, desire to work in a team-oriented environment, and proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Additional experience in dealing with regulatory agencies, including the California Energy Commission and California Public Utilities Commission, is desired but not required. Full benefits and competitive salary (DOE) included. This is a full-time position. Please send a cover letter, resume, and letters of recommendation to Josh Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (1/22/15) Typist. Position for part-time, temporary typist for a small Sacramento law firm immediately available. Skills: typing 70 wpm, computer knowledge, Excel, Word, EAMS (Workers' Compensation Appeals Board), word processing, grammatical skills, proof-reading, transcription, communication skills, taking instructions accurately, good attendance, pleasant personality, education – business college, A.A. or B.A. degree, some workers' compensation experience. Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
- (1/12/15) Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant. North Natomas law firm seeks an experienced legal secretary/legal assistant. Candidate will be responsible for assisting attorneys and paralegal with case management duties as well as administrative and secretarial tasks. This may include but are not limited to answering phones, filing, client phone calls, scheduling, calendar management, traveling to client homes, preparing documents for filing. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and Abacus. Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to various locations around the Sacramento area. Must be able to multi-task, be professional, organized and work well with clients and coworkers. Salary and hours depend on experience. Please send resume and cover letter with salary requested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (12/15/14) Paralegal – Environmental Law and Litigation. Somach Simmons & Dunn, a mid-size environmental law firm, seeks a paralegal with at least 5 years litigation experience that includes case management and trial preparation. This individual will work closely with attorneys and other paralegals handling cases in their day-to-day and pre-trial management. Essential functions include: Gather, organize, summarize, and index documents from various sources. Draft correspondence, pleadings, discovery, motions, subpoenas, client reports, and other related documents. Cite check and shepardize pleadings. Review and analyze discovery productions. Accurately maintain and update data to detailed client and case-specific databases. Assist attorneys in discovery preparation and implementation, and preparation for hearings and trials. Be able to analyze and accurately interpret court procedures and rules, and have a knowledge of federal and state court deadlines.
Requirements: A minimum 5 years of litigation/case management paralegal experience with either a four-year degree or paralegal certificate. Ability to efficiently gather, maintain, and organize information and voluminous documents. Ability to analyze, categorize, and accurately summarize documents in an efficient manner. Organizational skills to work independently and meet deadlines. Time management skills to handle multiple tasks accurately. Must be computer literate and proficient on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Lexis and Concordance is a plus. Must be detail oriented and have ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Team player attitude is essential. We are looking for someone who can work independently and anticipate the needs of the client and the attorney who handles them. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who likes to work closely with attorneys providing excellent client service.
May consider less than full time employment for the right candidate.
Somach Simmons & Dunn offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits including paid parking. Insurance benefits are 100% employer paid for both the employee and their dependents. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com or Somach Simmons & Dunn, Attn: Human Resources, 500 Capitol Mall, Suite 1000, Sacramento, CA 95814 (no phone calls please).
Somach Simmons & Dunn is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and in providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. The firm does not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, all other characteristics proscribed by law, and discrimination on the basis of gender identity are strictly prohibited.
- (12/5/14) Litigation Secretary – Natural Resources. Downey Brand LLP seeks a Litigation Secretary for its Downtown Sacramento office. The person hired for this position will work within the firm's Water Law practice. Candidates must have significant (5+ years) experience in a litigation environment, and have thorough knowledge of federal and state court procedures and timelines. Experience dealing with public/administrative agencies is also desired. Requires 75+ wpm accurate typing, word processing and proficiency with MS Office applications including Office 2010 and Windows 7. Ability to accurately proofread documents, set priorities and work under pressure is critical. Must have a positive attitude, strong written and verbal communication skills, impeccable attendance and punctuality, a strong work ethic, and be highly organized with an extreme level of attention to detail. Salary is commensurate with experience, and firm-paid health benefits and parking are provided. Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to the HR Director via the firm's web application: https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/v3/lc_supp_app_frm.aspx?lawfirm=169&id=42. No telephone calls please. Downey Brand LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- (12/5/14) Legal Secretary II Exam. The County of Sacramento is accepting applications for Legal Secretary II exam 28111-C. A Legal Secretary II performs a wide variety of specialized legal and general clerical work which includes composing and typing legal documents and correspondence; processing of legal documents, and maintaining legal case records. The work performed requires independent judgment/discretion and is subject to minimal direction and instruction. The range of duties typically involves performing work in multiple, unrelated areas of law and for several attorneys, and/or other staff. Incumbents may be required to use shorthand to perform some work assignments and frequently provide lead direction to other clerical staff.
Applicants must meet the special requirements below AND
EITHER: One year of experience in Sacramento County service in the class of Legal Secretary I OR Two years of clerical experience involving the preparation and processing of legal documents for court action such as those described in the Examples of Duties. Education or training from an accredited college, business school, or training school that is directly related to the Knowledge and Abilities specified for this class may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience (30 semester units or 45 quarter units equal one year of experience.)
All positions in this class require the ability to type from clear copy at the rate of 50 net words per minute.
Some positions in this class may require taking oral dictation involving legal terminology. To be eligible for appointment to a "short-hand-required" position, the applicant must have the ability to take oral dictation, using any speedwriting method, at the rate of 100 words per minute and transcribe at the rate of 30 net words per minute. Where the oral dictation skill is required, it is used in performing the typical duties of the class as shown in the "Examples of Duties" (located in the class specification). The Civil Service Commission approved the use of selective certification for this special skill on March 7, 1985.
For the complete job posting and to apply click here.
- (9/30/14) Experienced Litigation Secretary (Sacramento). Sacramento law firm seeks experienced litigation secretary, minimum 5 years of experience as a legal secretary.
Duties / Experience Required include:
- Heavy typing (minimum 90 words per minute).
- Preparation and electronic filing of legal pleadings.
- Data entry.
- Managing attorney calendars.
- Correspondence and communication with clients, courts, and attorneys.
This position requires in depth knowledge of WordPerfect, Outlook, Sage Timeslips and Adobe. Knowledge of federal and state rules of court and civil procedure is necessary. Applicants must be able to work under deadlines, communicate effectively, and have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. Problem solving skills, a good memory, and organization are a must for this busy desk.
We are located in Sacramento in the Howe Ave. / Fair Oaks Blvd. vicinity. We are a bankruptcy firm that has a select group of clients that we serve, not the general public. Bankruptcy experience is desired. Please submit cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please detail in your cover letter what specific experience that you have that corresponds with the duties listed above. Please only reply to this ad if you have the skills listed in the experienced required section.
Advertise with SLSA -