Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 11/20/15
- (11/20/15) Legal Secretary – Sacramento Regional Transit. The purpose of this position is to perform specialized legal clerical and general clerical work to support the Legal Department specifically in the area of litigation. This is accomplished by composing, typing and processing legal documents, correspondence and reports; organizing and maintaining case files; case scheduling and calendaring and entering, tracking and recording department specific data. Other duties include submitting department payroll, maintaining department supplies and materials, and related administrative duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six (6) months of advanced study or training in a specific vocational, administrative or technical nature. Accredited community college, vocational, business, technical or correspondence schools are likely sources. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training.
- Three (3) years of experience performing a full range of legal secretarial duties in the area of litigation involving the preparation and filing of legal documents.
- Additional directly related experience beyond the minimum requirement may substitute for the required education based on the ratio of one and a half (1.5) years of experience for each one (1) year of education.
Special Requirements, Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Legal secretarial certificate and/or paralegal certificate is preferred but not required.
- Applicants must have the ability to type accurately at a net rate of 50 words per minute.
How to Apply: Applications may be obtained online at: www.sacrt.com or in our offices located at 2810 O Street, Sacramento, CA 95816. $47,868 - $67,008 annually plus excellent benefits. Final Filing Date: December 3, 2015 - 5:00 p.m. RT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
- (11/17/15) Experienced Litigation Secretary. Small Sacramento employment law office seeks an experienced litigation secretary to support two attorneys. The position requires law office experience in a litigation setting; excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel); legal calendaring and filing throughout California in various state and federal courts. Prolaw and Worldox experience is a plus. The successful candidate is flexible, organized, good natured and comfortable interacting with high-profile clients. This position also requires excellent reliability and attendance. This is a great opportunity with a dynamic, small law firm, located downtown. We have full benefits, paid downtown parking and a profit sharing program. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Please submit a resume and salary history to email@example.com.
- (11/12/15) Administrative Assistant/Paralegal. Solo Practitioner seeks full-time paralegal/administrative assistant to join the office. This firm specializes in bankruptcy law. One to three years of bankruptcy experience strongly preferred. Superior communications are a must as the position requires constant contact with clients, the courts, the Trustee’s offices and various outside agencies. The successful candidate will have a proven track record independently managing a high volume workload in a thorough and expeditious manner. Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gather all necessary documents in order to prepare and complete Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy petitions; motions and litigation support;
- Manage three separate e-mail inboxes including Court Docs inbox that requires calendaring deadlines and taking follow-up actions;
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing assignments with competing deadlines and priorities;
- Ability to logically solve problems with little supervision;
- Answering phones, checking voicemail and responding to e-mails throughout the day;
- A strong work ethic, meticulous attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Best Case, Word, Outlook, e-filing;
- Discretion in handling and communicating sensitive information;
- Willingness to work under pressure in a dynamic environment;
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Please reply to Kim Borden at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, professional references and a cover letter explaining why you are the most competitive candidate for this position, your experience with bankruptcy software programs, your availability and salary expectations. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite candidates from all backgrounds to apply. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. All inquiries held in confidence. EOE/LGBT.
- (11/12/15) Paralegal – County Counsel for Napa County. Description: An incumbent in this professional class performs a varied range of paralegal responsibilities and legal support to attorney staff in the County Counsel’s Office. On a regular basis, an incumbent is expected to apply extensive knowledge and abilities in legal research and legal documentation preparation and provide assistance in case preparation. Examples of duties may include, but are not limited to the following: research of legal issues and review statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, ordinances and other documents; draft routine pleadings, briefs, appeals and other litigation related documents; draft petitions, complaints, answers, declarations, interrogatories, answers to interrogatories; interview witnesses and coordinate and schedule witnesses for testimony and depositions; and provide advice to the public and litigants.
The County of Napa is a highly respected employer within the local community as well as throughout the region. We offer rewarding and challenging work, flexible hours, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and tremendous opportunities for career growth. At the County of Napa we truly value our employees and are committed to diversity in our family-oriented environment. This is why we are the Employer of Choice for more than 1,300 employees.
To qualify for this classification, an individual must possess the required experience and education.
Three years of significant, directly-related and progressive legal clerical or legal secretarial experience (or more advanced legal experience), preferably to include experience in preparing legal documents and in performing legal research and analysis.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, plus completion of a recognized paralegal, legal assistant, or law school program at a university, college or other educational institutional.
License or Certificate:
Possession of a certificate of completion as a paralegal, legal assistant or more advanced legal degree (e.g., J.D.). A position assigned to this class may require possession of a valid California Driver’s License. Salary: Hourly $25.32 – $30.18 / Biweekly $2,025.60 – $2,414.40 / Monthly $4,388.80 – $5,231.20 / Annually $52,665.60 - $62,774.40.
How to Apply:
Applications may be obtained and filed online at: www.napacountycareers.com. Filing Deadline: November 23, 2015.
- (11/11/15) Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant – Corporate Bankruptcy. Felderstein Fitzgerald Willoughby & Pascuzzi LLP, located in downtown Sacramento, is seeking a legal administrative assistant/secretary to support lawyers and share administrative duties. Current opening is for 20-30 hours a week, but could develop into full time. Daily duties include but are not limited to document and pleading preparation, calendaring, e-filing, electronic file retention and organization, and managing vendor relationships.
- A minimum of two years of legal secretarial/legal administrative experience
- Proficiency in MS Word 2010
- Organized, conscientious and reliable
- Detail oriented
- Background in business bankruptcy and bankruptcy litigation
- Working knowledge of Federal Court Electronic Case Filing
- Experience with Time Matters 10.0, Timeslips 2014, Adobe Acrobat XPro and MS Excel
For a firm overview, please visit the firm’s website at www.ffwplaw.com. Resumes may be e-mailed email@example.com, or faxed to (916) 329-7435.
- (11/3/15) Bilingual (Spanish) Legal Advocate. The Bilingual (Spanish) Legal Advocate provides administrative and language support to the WEAVE Legal program, with regard to the administration of the Office on Violence Against Women’s Legal Assistance to Victims Grant*. The Bilingual Legal Advocate is responsible for the daily office support of staff providing services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence and stalking, and improving legal services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. The Bilingual Legal Advocate will interact directly with clients on an as-needed basis.
Under the direct supervision of the Staff Attorney/Managing Attorney, the Bilingual Legal Advocate will be responsible for administrative coordination of assigned projects, including scheduling appointments, coordinating logistics of weekly Spanish Legal Triage, maintaining all client records in both hard copy and electronic systems, preparing copies of applications and forms for filing, and tracking all client activities. The Bilingual Legal Advocate will also assist victims in completing applications to the CA Safe at Home program, and applying for Victim’s Compensation.
- Run conflicts check on all clients seeking services
- Prepare client information packets for all clients
- Calendar and maintain court appearances, hearings, and trials
- Provide legal administrative services to attorneys, including creating and maintaining legal files
- Perform legal administrative tasks like serving, mailing, and filing legal documents, as needed
- Track data from intake packets and generate monthly reports on service needs of clients, including tracking client activities, case progress, attorney hours, etc.
- Track and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation of legal services for grant purposes and management, and prepare statistical reports
- Screen clients and set up one-on-one appointments with staff
- Create and maintain a database of clients for weekly Spanish triage
- Provide/coordinate bilingual support for clients
- Provide administrative and technical support to staff
- Coordinate publishing of bilingual services flyer, distribution and re-ordering
- Attend webinars and/or conferences as approved by the Staff Attorney/Managing Attorney
- Create bilingual documents for intake packets, legal next steps, case information, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Bilingual responsibilities (when applicable)
- Attend hearings with attorney and Spanish-speaking clients
- Conduct Spanish-speaking workshops and coordinate interpreters
- Schedule appointments with Spanish-speaking clients, and interpret at appointments as needed
- Coordinate communication between Spanish-speaking clients and attorneys
- Draft Spanish-speaking correspondence
- Bachelor’s degree in social service or legal field
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management
- Typing requirement of 50-75 wpm
- Ability to work with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault who are in crisis in a culturally competent manner
- Strong public speaking skills and experience with presentations, workshops or trainings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Successful completion of WEAVE’s 70 hour Peer Counseling Training program as determined by the Director of Counseling and Outreach (post-hiring requirement)
- Valid California Driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current vehicle insurance
*This position is a three-year position made possible by grant funding received from the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice, for the Legal Assistance to Victims grant. WEAVE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability and 401k. We also offer paid time off (PTO), extended sick leave, and 11 paid holidays. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. WEAVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- (10/27/15) Paralegal – Environmental Law and Litigation. Somach Simmons & Dunn, a mid-size environmental law firm, seeks a paralegal with at least 5 years of litigation experience that includes case management and trial preparation. This individual will work closely with attorneys and other paralegals handling cases in their day-to-day and pretrial management. Essential functions include: Gather, organize, summarize and index documents from various sources. Draft correspondence, pleadings, discovery, motions, subpoenas, client reports and other related documents. Cite check and shepardize pleadings. Review and analyze discovery productions. Accurately maintain and update data to detailed client and case-specific databases. Assist attorneys in discovery preparation and implementation, and preparation for hearings and trials. Be able to analyze and accurately interpret court procedures and rules, and have a knowledge of federal and state court deadlines.
Requirements: A minimum 5 years of litigation/case management paralegal experience with either a four year degree or paralegal certificate. Ability to efficiently gather, maintain and organize information and voluminous documents. Ability to analyze, categorize and accurately summarize documents in an efficient manner. Organizational skills to work independently and meet deadlines. Time management skills to handle multiple tasks accurately. Must be computer literate and proficient on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Lexis and Concordance is a plus. Must be detail oriented and have ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Team player attitude is essential. We are looking for someone who can work independently and anticipate the needs of the client and the attorney who handles them. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who likes to work closely with attorneys providing excellent client service.
May consider less than full time employment for the right candidate.
Somach Simmons & Dunn offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits including paid parking. Insurance benefits are 100 percent employer paid for both the employee and their dependents. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com or Somach Simmons & Dunn, Attn: Human Resources, 500 Capitol Mall, Suite 1000, Sacramento, CA 95814 (no phone calls please).
Somach Simmons & Dunn is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and in providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. The firm does not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, all other characteristics proscribed by law, and discrimination on the basis of gender identity are strictly prohibited.
- (10/23/15) Litigation Legal Secretary. The Law Office of Christian B. Green, a CNA staff counsel office located in Sacramento, CA is currently seeking an experienced litigation legal secretary. This role, under general supervision, assists attorneys and other legal staff by providing legal administrative support, which includes all aspects of document preparation, and coordination of schedules and calendars for attorneys and case work as well as scanning and e-filing. Collaboratively works with Claim, Claim Legal and clients as well as other third parties to produce desired results in litigation matters including construction defect, personal injury, property damage, medical malpractice, and general liability matters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles all aspects of document preparation.
- May draft, prepare and distribute legal correspondence and memos under management/attorney direction. Files documents timely and appropriately with courts and other parties.
- Collaboratively assist in gathering and organizing exhibits, documents, trial data and other materials in response to subpoenas, discovery requests, interrogatories, motions for summary judgment, etc.
- Accountable for organizing and maintaining all files (electronic, paper and other) and legal archives.
- Schedules and coordinates attorney and case load calendars.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, procedures and practices as well as overall general knowledge of the insurance industry and the business units.
- Excellent internal/external customer interactive skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette and the ability to draft complex written correspondence.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree with course work or applicable certifications preferred or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum four years experience in a related legal administrative environment.
If interested, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (10/20/15) Legal Secretary (Downtown Sacramento). Downtown Sacramento litigation defense firm seeks highly organized, self-motivated Legal Secretary for its Tort Litigation Department. Full-time position. Salary DOE. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, long term care, group life and 401(k). Parking provided.
- Minimum 5 years experience in civil litigation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, dependable
- Upbeat, pleasant and professional, a team player
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to follow instruction closely
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, including Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of current court rules, calendaring, e-filing, both state and federal
- Experience with discovery, trial preparation, and motions, briefs, creating tables of contents and table of authorities
- Ability to transcribe dictation
For consideration, please mail your resume along with references and a cover letter to:
1000 G Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95814
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
- (10/15/15) Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant. Roseville-based bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and commercial litigation law firm seeks legal secretary/legal assistant for part-time or full-time position. Position Highlights: Facilitate all office workflow and communication between attorneys, clients, opposing counsel and others. Prepare pleadings, motions, and supporting documents in both state court and bankruptcy court matters. Serve as primary communication bridge with clients. Manage or assist various internal operations of firm.
- Team player attitude
- Strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Organization of priorities and tasks, as well as all client and office files
- Knowledge of both federal and state court litigation procedures
- Good administrative skills
- Prior bankruptcy experience
- Above-average computer software savvy
- Above-average written communication skills
- Social media marketing experience
Compensation depends on qualifications and experience. Equal opportunity employer. E-mail letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- (10/12/15) Contract Administrator. Sway Group is hiring for a Contract Administrator. The Contract Administrator will work part time and be responsible for assisting Sway Group’s general counsel and other Sway personnel with drafting contracts and the contract management process, as well as other administrative matters related to legal documents. For complete job description and how to apply please click here.
- (10/9/15) Probate/Trust Administration Paralegal.
Roseville law firm seeking a paralegal with a minimum of 5 years of experience in probate, trust administration, conservatorships, guardianships and estate litigation. Estate Planning experience would be a plus. Must know court procedures and filing requirements. Applicants must have attention to detail, excellent organization, and communication skills and be able to manage a sizeable workload. Looking for someone who is dependable and accountable. A friendly personality and strong team spirit are a must. Full time or possible part-time schedule. $18 $20/hr. with benefits. Please send resume to Natalie: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (10/2/15) Office Assistant. We are a Workers’ Compensation Defense Law Firm located in Rancho Cordova, CA. We are seeking a dependable, professional, and detail oriented office assistant to provide support to our staff and team of attorneys. This position is full time. Potential candidates must be organized, professional, dependable, have good communication and computer skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time to keep up with a fast-paced job. At least 1 year of office experience required.
Duties would include but are not limited to making copies, processing mail/postage, scanning documents, phones, set up of new claims and searching database on computer. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks quickly. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Outlook, Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat are a must. Wage will vary depending on experience and background. Benefits are provided for this full time position. Please send your resume, cover letter, and any references to Elizabeth Trimm at email@example.com.
- (9/21/15) Legal Secretary-Insurance Defense Claim Litigation Counsel. State Farm Insurance Company’s claim litigation counsel law firm, Tiza Serrano Thompson & Associates, is seeking an experienced legal secretary with 3-15 years of insurance defense experience for the Sacramento Corporate Litigation Counsel office. Applicants must have excellent customer service, communication, organizational and prioritization skills, as well as an affinity for working in a team environment. Qualified candidates must possess attention to detail, be highly organized, able to work well under pressure, and demonstrate initiative and excellent communication skills. Accountability, dependability, punctuality, and a strong work ethic are job requirements. College graduate and prior civil trial support experience preferred. Prior insurance defense law firm experience and Bilingual Spanish skills are a plus. Knowledge of MS Office software and ability to learn software applications required.
Only online applications will be considered and we encourage you to complete the application and the resume text section as well. Applicants must thoroughly complete all fields for your online application at statefarm.com/careers and refer to Job ID number 45289. You may also include your salary requirements. Please do not telephone or contact the office about this position directly. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive health and welfare package including a company defined pension benefit plan and 401(k) plan.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
- Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
You may also be eligible to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance, vision, 401(k) plan, credit union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more. For more information about our company, careers and Total Rewards, visit www.statefarm.com/careers. You can also learn more about what to expect from our employment process here. State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertise with SLSA -