Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 08/26/14
- (8/25/14) Legal Assistant. Multi-state AV rated law firm seeks to hire an experienced and professional full-time Legal Assistant for its Sacramento Office. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in Civil Litigation (Construction Defect, Insurance Defense, and Mortgage Banking); strong computer skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook); good typing skills with transcription experience; excellent knowledge of court filings (to include state and federal courts); good calendaring skills; experience with creating and working with Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents; must be a self-starter with a willingness to work as a team player in a fast-paced office. Attendance, punctuality, attention to detail, and organizational skills are additional musts. ProLaw and iManage experience is a plus. Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (8/22/14) Litigation Legal Secretary. Sacramento defense firm seeks full-time secretary with 3+ years in litigation experience and knowledge of federal, state, local rules, and court filing procedures. Candidate must have strong organizational, calendaring, and computer skills (word 2010). Excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading, and communication skills required. Must be highly motivated, dependable, detail oriented, and possess a team player attitude. Send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
- (8/21/14) Legal Secretary. Growing landlord-tenant firm seeking experienced legal secretary who is familiar with unlawful detainer procedures (preparing unlawful detainer complaints, defaults, writs, and sheriff instructions) as well as managing the trial and travel arrangements, prefer some supervisory experience. Must have at least two years experience working with a law firm representing landlords, as well as knowledge with Timeslips, Essential forms, and ECF filing. Firm offers competitive salary, paid parking, medical insurance, and 401(k) with profit sharing. Please submit your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (8/20/14) Legal Secretary II Exam. The County of Sacramento is accepting applications for Legal Secretary II exam 28111-C. A Legal Secretary II performs a wide variety of specialized legal and general clerical work which includes composing and typing legal documents and correspondence; processing of legal documents, and maintaining legal case records. The work performed requires independent judgment/discretion and is subject to minimal direction and instruction. The range of duties typically involves performing work in multiple, unrelated areas of law and for several attorneys, and/or other staff. Incumbents may be required to use shorthand to perform some work assignments and frequently provide lead direction to other clerical staff.
Applicants must meet the special requirements below AND
EITHER: One year of experience in Sacramento County service in the class of Legal Secretary I OR Two years of clerical experience involving the preparation and processing of legal documents for court action such as those described in the Examples of Duties. Education or training from an accredited college, business school, or training school that is directly related to the Knowledge and Abilities specified for this class may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience (30 semester units or 45 quarter units equal one year of experience.)
All positions in this class require the ability to type from clear copy at the rate of 50 net words per minute.
Some positions in this class may require taking oral dictation involving legal terminology. To be eligible for appointment to a “short-hand-required” position, the applicant must have the ability to take oral dictation, using any speedwriting method, at the rate of 100 words per minute and transcribe at the rate of 30 net words per minute. Where the oral dictation skill is required, it is used in performing the typical duties of the class as shown in the “Examples of Duties” (located in the class specification). The Civil Service Commission approved the use of selective certification for this special skill on March 7, 1985.
For the complete job posting and to apply click here.
- (8/15/14) Part Time Legal Assistant. Sole Practitioner in Gold River is seeking a part time legal assistant. 9-12 hours/wk; 3 days/wk; afternoons preferred. Must have experience with litigation documents including pleadings and discovery and be familiar with local court rules in the greater Sacramento area. Should be proficient with use of Word and have strong organizational and proofreading skills. Real estate background a plus. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary expectations via e-mail to Samuels@Samuels-Law.com.
- (8/14/14) Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant. A well-established mid-size Sacramento law firm is seeking a full-time experienced (10 years minimum) litigation secretary/legal assistant for a partner with a heavy case load and who handles personal injury and medical malpractice defense in California and Nevada. This individual must have previous law and motion, discovery and trial preparation experience. Must have knowledge of California and Federal court rules. Knowledge of Nevada rules and procedures would be a plus but is not required; however, be willing to learn Nevada rules and procedures.
Essential duties include: managing a calendar for multiple attorneys, litigation-related duties including document preparation, drafting and filing legal documents including correspondence, pleadings and orders, transcribing dictation, proofreading and editing documents, opening and closing files. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: MS Word, Outlook, Legal Solutions, Abacus, Federal court rules, California State and local rules, court filing procedures, e-filing, strong spelling and grammar skills. A successful candidate would be able to work independently and be a team player.
The firm offers health/dental/life/disability benefits as well as a pension/profit sharing plan. Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
- (8/8/14) Secretary/Legal Assistant. A well-established Midtown law firm is seeking a full-time experienced (with 3-5 years minimum) litigation secretary/legal assistant for our eminent domain and real estate practice. The candidate must have previous law and motion, discovery, trial preparation, and appellate support experience. He or she will be responsible for managing a calendar for multiple attorneys, document preparation (including properly formatting, proof-reading, filing, and serving motions and other legal documents). A successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be upbeat, pleasant and professional, and a team player.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to follow instructions closely.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Word and Outlook; WordPerfect; Dropbox; Legal Solutions; and TABs.
- Have a working knowledge of current rules of civil procedure and rules of court, calendaring procedure, and e-filing and fax-filing, and familiarity with state and federal and appellate courts.
- Have experience with discovery, trial preparation, preparation of motions and briefs, and formatting documents generally, including creating tables of contents and authorities.
- Be proficient in transcribing dictation.
Competitive compensation and benefits and parking will be offered to the selected candidate. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- (7/22/14) Litigation Secretary. Olson, Hagel & Fishburn, LLP seeks a legal secretary with a minimum of 8 years of experience to support attorneys in the firm’s litigation practice unit who mainly handle civil writs of mandate and appeals. Must have knowledge of California and federal court rules, particularly California rules regarding civil writ and appellate practice. The successful candidate must have superior organizational skills, excellent grammar and proofreading skills, and excellent attention to detail. Must be computer literate and proficient in Word, Outlook, and Adobe. Working knowledge of Tabs and PracticeMaster preferred. The secretary will work closely with attorneys and clients, and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Olson, Hagel & Fishburn, LLP offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and generous benefits package, including paid parking. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com or Olson, Hagel & Fishburn, LLP, Attn: Human Resources, 555 Capitol Mall, Suite 1425, Sacramento, CA 95814. Fax (916) 447-0362.
- (7/15/14) Legal Assistant. Healthcare and Employment firm is seeking a full-time legal assistant with at least five years experience. Essential duties: Perform a full range of litigation-related secretarial duties, including drafting and filing legal documents such as correspondence, pleadings and orders, transcribing dictation, proofreading and editing documents for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and format, calendaring, and opening and closing files. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: MS Word, Excel, federal, state and local rules, court filing procedures, e-filing, calendaring, strong spelling and grammar skills. Paralegal certificate a plus. Salary based on experience. Full benefits offered. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (7/11/14) Litigation Legal Secretary. Lozano Smith, California's premier public agency law firm representing school districts, community colleges, universities, cities, counties and other public agencies, is seeking an experienced litigation legal secretary for our Northern California office.
Qualified candidates are team players who are proactive, with a positive, courteous and professional attitude; have excellent organizational and proofreading skills; are detail-oriented; and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Five to seven years of current legal secretarial experience in litigation is required. Must have advanced experience with MS Word, legal calendaring software, state and federal court filing procedures, including e-filing, be able to prepare complex pleadings and type 70+ wpm. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
For more information on the firm, this opening and to apply, please, send your resume and cover letter via email to Human Resources at email@example.com. Application deadline is July 25, 2014.
- (7/11/14) Litigation Secretary. The Roseville office of Hansen, Kohls, Sommer & Jacob, LLP, is looking to add to its existing support staff for an experienced litigation secretary to support two/three associate attorneys. You must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in civil litigation, and strong calendaring skills of both statutory and procedural deadlines arising from California litigation. We offer competitive medical and dental benefits, participation in the firm's profit-sharing plan, and an office environment that promotes fun, hard work, and a spirit of teamwork. This office utilizes WordPerfect and GroupWise in a PC-networked environment, along with other applications running on Windows XP platform. We also rely heavily on Ecopy to help us maintain our “paperless office” efforts. Position is available now, until filled. Please send résumé to Mr. Herminio Nuñez, Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (7/9/14) Legal Secretary (Gold River). Looking for experienced paralegal/legal secretary with 5+ years of experience with family law litigation or civil litigation practice for a full-time position. Law firm specializes in labor, employment, administrative law, family law, personal injury, estate planning, and criminal defense, though position does not require exposure and/or significant experience in all of these practice areas. Primary attributes we are looking for are a strong work ethic, attention to details, self motivated, and a desire to be part of a dynamic, growing firm. Salary is competitive and varies based on experience. Full benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, AD&D, 401k, vacation). Please reply via this posting and include resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Carissa Tilford at email@example.com.
- (7/8/14) Document Specialist I (Folsom). We are currently seeking a Documents Specialist to join our team. This is an Entry-Level position with training provided and the potential for growth. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines, and a strong aptitude for learning new software applications and accuracy in details. This position will be responsible for utilizing the company's document system and other templates to produce retirement plan documents and amendments under the direction of other document team members. Please click here for full job posting and requirements. We ask that candidates send their cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (7/7/14) Litigation Secretary (Sacramento). Litigation defense firm is seeking a full-time qualified legal secretary with five or more of years experience. Essential duties: Perform a full range of legal secretarial duties in support of assigned attorneys. Produce legal documents such as correspondence, pleadings, briefs, complaints, orders, dictation, proofread and correct prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and format. Maintain calendar of activities for assigned attorneys. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: MS Word, Excel, Word Perfect, Abacus, Legal Solutions Federal, State and local rules, court filing procedures, e-filing, calendaring, strong spelling and grammar skills. Send resume to email@example.com.
- (7/3/14) Legal Secretary. Excellent formatting skills, perfect spelling, word proficient typist to prepare case summary. Pay doe. Thank you. Contact : PEREZ LAW OFFICES, 455 Capitol Mall, Suite 225, Sacramento, California 95814. Telephone: (916) 441-0500. Facsimile: (916) 441-0555.
- (6/20/14) Experienced Paralegal/Legal Secretary (Roseville/Sacramento Area). Compensation: Compensation to commensurate with experience, Medical, 401K, PTO. We are looking for a professional Litigation Paralegal/Legal Secretary with 5 plus years experience to join our fast paced labor and employment firm. To be considered for this position, candidates must possess a minimum of the following skills.
- Initiative and positive attitude
- Case Management
- Data Management
- Exceptional writing/communication skills
- Preparation of pleadings and routine correspondence
- Prepare, edit, and finalize discovery
- Electronic filing with State and Federal Courts
- Electronic calendaring
To be immediately considered for this position, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as interviews start soon!
- (6/19/14) Paralegal. Somach Simmons & Dunn, a mid-size environmental law firm, seeks a paralegal with at least 5 years litigation experience that includes case management and trial preparation. This individual will work closely with attorneys and other paralegals handling cases in their day-to-day and pre-trial management. Essential functions include: Gather, organize, summarize and index documents from various sources. Draft correspondence, pleadings, discovery, motions, subpoenas, client reports and other related documents. Cite check and shepardize pleadings. Review and analyze discovery productions. Accurately maintain and update data to detailed client and case-specific databases. Assist attorneys in discovery preparation and implementation, and preparation for hearings and trials. Be able to analyze and accurately interpret court procedures and rules, and have knowledge of federal and state court deadlines.
Requirements: A minimum 5 years of litigation/case management paralegal experience with either a four year degree or paralegal certificate. Ability to efficiently gather, maintain and organize information and voluminous documents. Ability to analyze, categorize and accurately summarize documents in an efficient manner. Organizational skills to work independently and meet deadlines. Time management skills to handle multiple tasks accurately. Must be computer literate and proficient on Word, Excel and Power Point; experience with Lexis and Concordance is a plus. Must be detail oriented and have ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Team player attitude is essential. We are looking for someone who can work independently and anticipate the needs of the client and the attorney who handles them. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who likes to work closely with attorneys providing excellent client service.
May consider less than full time employment for the right candidate.
Somach Simmons & Dunn offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits including paid parking. Insurance benefits are 100% employer paid for both the employee and their dependents. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com or Somach Simmons & Dunn, Attn: Human Resources, 500 Capitol Mall, Suite 1000, Sacramento, CA 95814 (no phone calls please).
- (6/11/14) Legal Secretary-Insurance Defense In-House Litigation Counsel. State Farm Insurance Company's in-house legal office, Tiza Serrano Thompson & Associates, is seeking an experienced legal secretary with 3-15 years of insurance defense experience for the Sacramento Corporate Litigation Counsel office. Applicants must have excellent customer service, organizational and prioritization skills, as well as an affinity for working in a team environment. Qualified candidates must possess attention to detail, be highly organized, able to work well under pressure, and demonstrate initiative and excellent communication skills. Accountability, dependability, punctuality, and a strong work ethic are job requirements. College graduate and prior civil trial support experience preferred.
- Prior law firm experience and Bilingual Spanish skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office software and ability to learn software applications required.
Only online applications will be considered and we encourage you to complete the application and the resume text section as well. Applicants must thoroughly complete all fields for your online application at statefarm.com/careers and refer to Job ID number 45289. You may also include your salary requirements. For the complete job posting and the link to apply, please click here.
Please do not telephone or contact the office about this position directly. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive Health and Welfare Package including a company defined Pension Benefit Plan and 401K plan.
- (6/2/14) Docketing Specialist - Sacramento Office. The firm seeks an experienced docket/calendar clerk. The primary function of the position will be to provide docketing support to attorneys, paralegals and legal secretaries. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: calendaring daily incoming mail; maintaining docket due dates and remarks in the docket system; researching state and federal court rules; preparation of daily and weekly calendar reports; performing conflict searches; reviewing client intake forms and communicating with attorneys to resolve potential conflicts of interest. Skills and experience required/desired: Must have three or more years of substantial experience computing calendar deadlines for state and federal courts using CompuLaw/Vision docketing software. Knowledge of court rules and procedures for both state and federal courts is a must; familiarity with legal terminology and documents involved in the court filing process is essential, as is a working knowledge of the litigation process. Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, adaptability to change, and balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment are imperative. Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to Camilla Arnds, Director of Human Resources. No phone calls please. Downey Brand LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/v2/lc_supp_app_frm.aspx?lawfirm=169&id=31
Advertise with SLSA -