Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 07/30/15
- (7/28/15) Judicial Secretary III. The Sacramento Superior Court, Juvenile Division, is accepting applications for the position of Judicial Secretary III. For complete job description and how to apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/saccourts/default.cfm. Salary: $3,778.67 - $4,589.87 per month. Filing deadline is Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 11:59 p.m.
- (7/24/15) Operations Coordinator (Sacramento Location). Esquire Deposition Solutions is hiring an Operations Coordinator for their Sacramento location. For full position description and how to apply, please visit their website.
- (7/17/15) Part-Time Legal Assistant (Sacramento). Law firm seeking a part-time legal assistant with experience in Estate Planning. We are looking for an extremely detail-oriented person to assist attorneys with legal tasks. You must be organized, efficient, and possess scrupulous attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and grammar skills, and must be competent to proofread the work of others.
- At least 2 years experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Transcribe dictation, proofreading and finalizing correspondence
- Court filing and Secretary of State filings
- Copying, scanning, faxing and e-mailing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Creating new files and filing
If you believe that you meet all of these qualifications, please submit your resume along with a cover letter which provides specific examples of relevant experience that demonstrates your qualifications for this position. You may send your cover letter and resume along with your hourly rate to: email@example.com – PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS. Compensation commensurate with experience and is negotiable.
- (7/13/15) Part-Time Legal Assistant/Bookkeeper (Sacramento). Small firm in downtown Sacramento is seeking an experienced part-time legal assistant/bookkeeper. We are looking for a detail-oriented person to assist with mailed services and general bookkeeping. Typically hours are 10-15 hours per week, but may increase in the future. You must be organized, efficient, and possess a persistent determination to complete all tasks. The ideal candidate would be able to work from home and complete tasks with minimal supervision. If you believe that you meet these qualifications, please submit your resume along with a cover letter which provides specific examples of relevant experience that demonstrates your qualifications for this position. You may send your cover letter and resume to: Chris@hugheslc.com – PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS. Compensation commensurate with experience and is negotiable.
- (7/13/15) Estate Planning Legal Secretary. Weintraub Tobin’s Sacramento office is currently seeking a full-time (40 hours per week), experienced Estate Planning Secretary to join our Trust and Estates Practice Group. The successful candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced and professional environment, enjoy working as part of a team, and demonstrate a commitment to quality client service. Under minimal supervision, the Estate Planning Secretary will be expected to carry out the following job duties and responsibilities:
- Welcome guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produce legal information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics, coordinating case preparation and assuring that high priority items are completed in a timely manner.
- Conserve attorneys’ time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Draft letters and documents; collect and analyze information; schedule couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinate preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; prepare expense reports.
- Maintain attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, depositions, and travel; record and monitor court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitor evidence-gathering.
- Complete and submit conflict check forms, screening forms and new matter request forms.
- Represent attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; know when to refer matters to the attorney.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Input time entry; review and edit bills.
- Additional duties as assigned including assisting other secretaries, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following capabilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathize with clients and build a personal connection
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Superb drafting skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Stress and time management skills
- Flexibility in dealing with multiple projects and assignments
- Strong client focus
- Excellent at managing the very busy desk, interacting with clients, and proactively keeping work and assigned attorneys on schedule
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five years of Trusts and Estate Planning experience including trust administration, probate administration and related real estate projects.
- Knowledge of State, Probate Court and tax filings requirements.
- Advanced operation and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Type 50 wpm.
- Solid drafting and proofreading skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (7/7/15) Litigation Secretary. Nelson & Associates is seeking an experienced legal secretary with litigation background for our client, an elder abuse law firm, in Sacramento. This position will support an upcoming trial in September and could lead into a temp-hire placement. Candidate must have an excellent typing/transcription speed (70+WMP), ability to create templates using MS Word, TOA/TOC, e-filing, trial binder creating and other trial prep work as assigned. This position will start ASAP. Hourly rate of pay will be in the range of $25-$28 per hour DOE.
- Five plus years of experience as a Litigation Secretary/Assistant
- Prior trial experience
If interested, please submit your resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com.
- (7/7/15) Legal Secretary/Paralegal (Folsom). Looking for an experienced legal secretary/paralegal, part-time (approx. 30 hours/week) for a sole practitioner family law attorney. Must be proficient in Word Perfect, Quicken, Essential Forms, and Timeslips. Three years of family law experience necessary. Duties include: typing, preparation of pleadings, bookkeeping, client billings, calendar management, correspondence and communications with clients, attorneys, and court staff. Please submit resume with references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (7/7/15) Part-Time Legal Assistant/Billing Coordinator (Sacramento). Fast-paced law firm is seeking a part-time legal assistant/billing coordinator. We are looking for an extremely detail-oriented person to assist attorneys with legal tasks and send out client invoices using TimeSlips. You must be organized, efficient, and possess scrupulous attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing and grammar skills, and must be competent to proofread the work of others.
- Advanced TimeSlips skills
- Experience using TimeSlips to issue bills each month
- Posting Invoices
- Experience using Tymetrix 360
- Experience using Colaborati
- Experience editing and proofreading
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
If you believe that you meet all of these qualifications, please submit your resume along with a cover letter which provides specific examples of relevant experience that demonstrates your qualifications for this position. Applicants that do not have the requisite experience using TimeSlips will not be considered. You may send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org – PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS. Compensation commensurate with experience and is negotiable.
- (7/1/15) Legal Secretary/Paralegal. Sole practitioner specializing in Employment Law on Capitol Mall is seeking an experienced legal secretary/paralegal with a minimum of 2 years’ experience for immediate hire. Applicant must know state and federal rules and procedures, be able to work without a lot of supervision, and be skilled in drafting discovery responses, motions, pleadings, calendaring, and business correspondence. Experience with class actions is a plus! This position requires strong organization skills, attention to detail, autonomy, and excellent professional verbal and written communication skills, as you will be dealing with clients, opposing counsel, and judges. Required hard skills include proficiency with Microsoft Suite, transcription, good typing speed, and proofreading ability. This work environment offers some flexibility, but applicant must be reliable! This is a full time position, M-F 9-4. Salary is DOE (parking is included). Please send salary requirements, availability, and resume to email@example.com.
- (6/30/15) Receptionist/Legal Assistant. Well established law firm in midtown Sacramento is seeking a full-time Receptionist/Legal Assistant to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position will provide clerical support to three (3) attorneys and report directly to and take direction from the Office Manager. Competitive salary and excellent benefits and parking. The successful candidate is punctual, reliable, detail oriented, and takes pride in maintaining a well-organized and professional work environment.
Required Skills and Abilities Include:
- 3-5 years of front office legal experience
- Exceptional telephone etiquette with a professional and pleasant manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability with MS Office applications
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to follow instructions and work well under pressure
Responsibilities and Daily Tasks Include:
- Answering calls
- Performing substantial filing and maintaining accurate client files
- Copying, scanning, faxing and emailing
- Maintaining attorney calendars, ticklers and scheduling meetings
- Transcribe dictation, proof reading and finalizing correspondence
- Managing closed files; including retrieving and filing off-site
- Library updates
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- (6/23/15) Legal Secretary (Downtown Sacramento). Downtown Sacramento litigation defense firm seeks highly organized, self-motivated Legal Secretary for its Medical Negligence Department. Full-time position. Salary DOE. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, group life and 401(K). Parking provided.
- Minimum 5 years experience in civil litigation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, dependable
- Upbeat, pleasant and professional, a team player
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to follow instruction closely
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, including Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of current court rules, calendaring, e-filing, both state and federal
- Experience with discovery, trial preparation, motions, briefs, creating tables of contents and table of authorities
- Ability to transcribe dictation
For consideration, please mail your resume along with references and a cover letter to:
1000 G Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95814
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
- (6/10/15) Litigation Assistant/Paralegal. Law firm in downtown Sacramento is seeking an experienced litigation assistant/paralegal with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in drafting discovery responses, motions, organizing records, and trial prep. Applicant must know state rules and procedures, be able to draft correspondence, motions and discovery responses, be a self-starter and able to work without a lot of supervision. This position requires exemplary organization skills, attention to detail, strong client service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure and to be a team player, and the ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-pace environment. Must be proficient in Word 2010, Excel, Outlook, CompuLaw, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and PowerPoint. Salary is DOE. Please send cover letter, salary history/requirements, and resume to email@example.com.
- (6/6/15) Trusts and Estates Legal Secretary/Paralegal (Sacramento). Family Wealth Law Group is seeking a full-time legal secretary/paralegal to assist an experienced estate planning attorney. Applicant must have at least three (3) years of experience with the preparation of basic estate planning documents, such as trusts, wills, and powers of attorney, as well as probate, trust administration, preparing and filing court documents. Strong organization and people skills are a must. The ability to manage highly sensitive and legal matters with professionalism is required. Applicant must be able to maintain attorney's calendar and appointments. Other general and administrative support will be required. Salary commensurate with experience.
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience:
- 4 year college degree or legal secretary/paralegal certification, a plus
- 3+ years as a paralegal specializing in trusts and estate planning
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technologically savvy--strong user of Outlook, MS Word and Excel
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (5/15/15) Litigation Secretary (Sacramento). Sacramento law firm seeks a full or part time experienced litigation secretary, minimum 5 years of experience as a legal secretary.
Duties/Experience Required include:
- Heavy typing (minimum 60 words per minute).
- Preparation and electronic filing of legal pleadings.
- Data entry.
- Managing attorney calendars.
- Correspondence and communication with clients, courts, and attorneys.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of WordPerfect, Outlook, Sage Timeslips, and Adobe. Knowledge of federal and state rules of court and civil procedure is necessary.
Applicants must be able to work under deadlines, communicate effectively, and have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. Problem solving skills, a good memory, and organization are a must for this busy desk.
We are located in Sacramento in the Howe Ave./Fair Oaks Blvd. vicinity. We are a bankruptcy firm that has a select group of clients that we serve, not the general public. Bankruptcy experience is desired. Please submit cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com for consideration. Please detail in your cover letter what specific experience you have that corresponds with the duties listed above.
- (5/15/15) Legal Secretary/Assistant. Mennemeier Glassman LLP, a small downtown law firm specializing in civil litigation, seeks an experienced litigation secretary/assistant for a part-time position (approx. 20-25 hours/week). Candidates should have 2 years of litigation experience, be familiar with state and federal court rules and procedures, have the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines, be able to edit and proofread legal documents, and have excellent clerical skills for maintaining files. Proficiency in Word, WordPerfect, and Timeslips is a must. The position allows for a flexible schedule. Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications. The firm provides competitive compensation and paid parking. Interested parties may send résumés via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (5/6/15) Part-Time Administrative Assistant. MALDEF is the nation's leading non-profit Latino civil rights law firm. Founded in 1968, MALDEF works to safeguard the civil rights of Latinos and to increase the community's ability to participate fully in American society. We currently seek a part-time Administrative Assistant to support our legal and policy staff in the Sacramento Office. Please click here for job announcement and how to apply.
Advertise with SLSA -