Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 08/27/15
- (8/25/15) Senior Corporate Paralegal for Small In-House Legal Department (Roseville, CA). Our client, a fast-growing real estate acquisition and development company, is recruiting for a full-time Senior Corporate Paralegal. The successful candidate will work directly for the General Counsel/Corporate Secretary and will have significant interaction with the company’s senior management and Board of Directors. The company owns and manages commercial facilities in several states and is aggressively acquiring additional properties.
- Support General Counsel and executive team in investor relationship management activities.
- Respond to Board of Directors and investor data requests.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual meeting materials and quarterly investor updates.
- Maintain board, shareholder and committee records, minute books, corporate seals, etc.
- Assist with issuance of equity certificates and shareholder records.
- Prepare entity formation documents.
- Assist in the diligence and closing of commercial real estate and lending transactions.
Founded in 2011, our storage company is an owner, acquirer and operator of premier self-storage facilities committed to be the best self-storage option for customers, the best employer and neighbor in the communities it serves while laser focused on creating value for investors. Our holdings are national in scope and with recent funding, we continue to grow!
We offer best-in-class storage solutions with high-quality customer service, engaged and knowledgeable employees, convenient locations, operating with impeccable housekeeping standards, as well as a full suite of customer focused amenities including climate-controlled units, drive-in access, and value-added services such as fully furnished office spaces and meeting rooms.
For more information and to apply, please visit: hiring.accolo.com/jobs/Roseville/California/Senior_Paralegal/376201120/job.htm.
- (8/25/15) Administrative Assistant (San Diego, CA). Esquire Deposition Solutions is hiring an Administrative Assistant for their San Diego office. For full position description and how to apply, please visit their website: www.esquiresolutions.com/About-Us/careers.aspx.
- (8/25/15) Temporary Legal Secretary. A small personal injury office is seeking a full-time temporary experienced (2 years minimum) litigation secretary for a fast paced office. You must have previous experience with calendaring, scheduling depositions, hearings, and witnesses for trial. Must have knowledge of California court rules. The position begins on October 1, 2015 and ends approximately mid-February, or until the secretary returns from maternity leave.
Duties: Managing a calendar for two attorneys, drafting correspondence, pleadings, case management statements, proofreading and editing documents.
Skills: MS Word or Word Perfect, Outlook, Essential Forms, California state and local rules, court filing procedures, strong spelling and grammar skills. We are seeking a team player who can work independently.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
- (8/24/15) Legal Secretary/Receptionist. Full time opening with an established law firm located in Sacramento (midtown) for an individual with 3-5 years of recent legal experience.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient daily administrative operations and effective secretarial support.
- Answering phones, copying, scanning, faxing and emailing.
- Transcribe dictation, typing legal forms, proofreading and finalizing correspondence.
- Calendaring appointments and scheduling meetings.
- Maintain and update client files, including managing off-site closed files.
- Proven ability with MS Office applications.
Competitive salary, benefits and paid parking provided. Please provide resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (8/24/15) Full-Time Receptionist. King Williams & Gleason LLP, a Sacramento-area boutique law firm, is seeking a full-time Receptionist, who can work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This position will provide clerical support to multiple attorneys. The successful candidate is punctual, reliable, detail-oriented, and takes pride in maintaining a well-organized and professional work environment.
Required Skills and Abilities Include:
- Assist with general office duties, including but not limited to setting out refreshments for clients.
- Answer calls and route them to appropriate departments or persons.
- Create clients for life by meeting and greeting clients upon arrival and directing them to appropriate meeting rooms.
- Ensure lobby and conference rooms are neat and tidy, adequately supplied and professional at all times.
- Assist with rush production requests; i.e. binding transcripts; uploading exhibits.
- Assist with faxes, scanning, and copying as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and reference list to Brittany Phillips at email@example.com with Receptionist in the subject line. The firm provides competitive compensation and paid garage parking. Please no phone calls.
- (8/21/15) Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant. A well-established mid-size Sacramento law firm is seeking a full-time experienced (10 years minimum) litigation secretary/legal assistant for a partner who handles personal injury and medical malpractice defense in California and Nevada. This individual must have previous law and motion, discovery and trial preparation experience. Must have knowledge of California and federal court rules. Knowledge of Nevada rules and procedures would be a plus but is not required; however, be willing to learn Nevada rules and procedures.
Essential duties include: managing a calendar for multiple attorneys, litigation-related duties including document preparation, drafting and filing legal documents including correspondence, pleadings and orders, transcribing dictation, proofreading and editing documents, opening and closing files.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: MS Word, Outlook, Legal Solutions, Abacus, federal court rules, California state and local rules, court filing procedures, e-filing, strong spelling and grammar skills. A successful candidate would be able to work independently and be a team player.
The firm offers health/dental/life/disability benefits as well as a pension/profit sharing plan. Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (8/18/15) Legal Secretary – Direct Hire. A sharp and experienced Legal Secretary is needed to join a well reputable law firm here in the heart of Sacramento. The Legal Secretary will be supporting multiple attorneys in a busy fast-paced environment. Candidates must have experience in a litigation setting and advanced MS Office skills. This is a direct hire position with an employer that offers a generous benefits package and a great company culture.
- Preparing litigation documents.
- Heavy Case and Attorney Management.
- Summarizing and organizing depositions, records and testimony.
- Drafting pleadings, memorandum and correspondence.
- Prepares legal documents (pleadings, motions, briefs), related reports and correspondence, as directed from dictated, typed, handwritten, or oral instructions, in accordance with established guidelines.
- Managing Attorney calendar.
- Interacting with government and court personnel.
- Organizing and maintaining files.
- Working consistently and effectively in a team environment.
- Assists other in-house attorneys with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of litigation support experience working in a small to medium law firm.
- Traditional labor experience preferred.
- Employment law experience preferred. Prolaw, MacPac, and Worldox experience is a plus.
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills, 60+ WPM typing, transcription skills.
- Ability to manage and complete projects under tight litigation deadlines.
- Must be comfortable interacting with high-profile clients.
- Timekeeping, billing, and docketing experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, superior grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SALARY: $60,000 - $70,000/annually.
Recruiter Contact Preet Kuar: (P) 916-925-2300 (E) Preet@pacificstaffing.com
- (8/12/15) Litigation Legal Secretary. The Sacramento office of Greenberg Traurig, LLP currently seeks a Legal Secretary for our Litigation Department. Preferred qualified candidates will possess well-developed administrative and organizational skills, as well as a high level of initiative, excellent judgment and pride in their work.
The Litigation Secretary will provide a wide range of administrative, clerical and document processing services to support the practice of attorneys and paralegals. Candidate should be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of litigation procedures, the ability to comprehend a variety of legal court documents from case inception through discovery, various law and motion practice, and trial. This candidate must possess a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate well with others.
Duties & Responsibilities
This role provides support that will ensure consistent and timely administration of legal and other specific litigation documentation as requested, and a variety of legal and secretarial duties that include the following:
- Maintain legal files (both paper & electronic), organize and file documents in designated order.
- Prepare, type, enter, proofread and process legal and administrative correspondence.
- File pleadings with the State and Federal Courts (ECF) and serve documents as required.
- Process time entry, make travel arrangements, process reimbursement expenses, maintain calendar, and other administrative duties, as needed by the department.
- Communicate with clients, opposing counsel, courts, and liaisons.
- Adhere to legal document standards to ensure proper format and completeness for court acceptance.
- Update case information, scan documents, and conduct research.
- Manage document deliveries and track final executed documentation.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
This position requires computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Preferred candidates will have a minimum of eight (8) years of legal secretary experience with a law firm, and a strong ability to maintain high standards, while seeking out ways to contribute and anticipate needs. Please visit www.gtlaw.com to apply.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value the diversity of our people.
- (7/24/15) Operations Coordinator (Sacramento Location). Esquire Deposition Solutions is hiring an Operations Coordinator for their Sacramento location. For full position description and how to apply, please visit their website.
- (7/17/15) Part-Time Legal Assistant (Sacramento). Law firm seeking a part-time legal assistant with experience in Estate Planning. We are looking for an extremely detail-oriented person to assist attorneys with legal tasks. You must be organized, efficient, and possess scrupulous attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and grammar skills, and must be competent to proofread the work of others.
- At least 2 years experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Transcribe dictation, proofreading and finalizing correspondence
- Court filing and Secretary of State filings
- Copying, scanning, faxing and e-mailing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Creating new files and filing
If you believe that you meet all of these qualifications, please submit your resume along with a cover letter which provides specific examples of relevant experience that demonstrates your qualifications for this position. You may send your cover letter and resume along with your hourly rate to: email@example.com – PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS. Compensation commensurate with experience and is negotiable.
- (7/7/15) Legal Secretary/Paralegal (Folsom). Looking for an experienced legal secretary/paralegal, part-time (approx. 30 hours/week) for a sole practitioner family law attorney. Must be proficient in Word Perfect, Quicken, Essential Forms, and Timeslips. Three years of family law experience necessary. Duties include: typing, preparation of pleadings, bookkeeping, client billings, calendar management, correspondence and communications with clients, attorneys, and court staff. Please submit resume with references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (6/10/15) Litigation Assistant/Paralegal. Law firm in downtown Sacramento is seeking an experienced litigation assistant/paralegal with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in drafting discovery responses, motions, organizing records, and trial prep. Applicant must know state rules and procedures, be able to draft correspondence, motions and discovery responses, be a self-starter and able to work without a lot of supervision. This position requires exemplary organization skills, attention to detail, strong client service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure and to be a team player, and the ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-pace environment. Must be proficient in Word 2010, Excel, Outlook, CompuLaw, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and PowerPoint. Salary is DOE. Please send cover letter, salary history/requirements, and resume to email@example.com.
Advertise with SLSA -