Jump down to the list of employment opportunities
This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA's website may view the "Employment Opportunities" page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the "Employment Opportunities" page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange résumés, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Jaymie Moralez at Jaymie.Moralez@jud.ca.gov, for additional information.
SACRAMENTO LSA DOES NOT MAINTAIN A REGISTER OF APPLICANTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT.
(NOTICE: This is a free service to employers and members of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association; however, we are not an employment agency. This website is updated and maintained with employment listings on a regular basis, and employers are asked to notify the webmaster as soon as a position has been filled. The policy of the Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association regarding the posting of ads for employment is to leave the item listed on the website and in our monthly bulletin for up to three months or when we are notified that the position has been filled, whichever is longer. The Webmaster retains editing privilege on all ads requested to be placed on this website.)
Last updated 04/01/15
- (4/1/15) Legal Assistant. Preeminent, boutique law firm in Sacramento specializing in natural resources and energy law is seeking a motivated and well organized legal assistant to join our team. Minimum requirements include 7+ years experience in transactional work, strong familiarity with all aspects of litigation (state and federal), attention to detail, excellent client service skills, demonstrated verbal and written communication abilities, desire to work in a team-oriented environment, and proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Additional experience in dealing with regulatory agencies, including the California Energy Commission and California Public Utilities Commission, is desired but not required. Full benefits and competitive salary (DOE) included. This is a full-time position. Please send a cover letter, resume, and letters of recommendation to Josh Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (3/23/15) Full-Time Receptionist/Billing Clerk. A boutique two attorney Family Law and Mediation firm in Roseville is looking for a full-time receptionist/billing clerk to join our firm starting in May 2015. The ideal candidate would be reliable, have a positive attitude, be organized, self-motivated, and able to multi-task with minimal supervision. A strong desire to provide excellent customer service is required, as is a sense of humor and ability to excel under pressure. Duties will include answering phones, communicating with clients, calendaring appointments, filing, billing entry, proofreading and general office administrative tasks. At least one year of law experience is preferred. Specific experience in Family Law is favored. If interested, please reply to email@example.com with a resume, cover letter with (3) professional references, and salary requirements.
- (3/23/15) Litigation Secretary. National law firm seeking experienced litigation secretary to work with a team doing complex construction litigation. Candidates must be very knowledgeable with State and Federal filings, rules of court and procedure. Candidates must be proficient with calendaring in an automated program. Candidates should have the proven ability to work well with a team of three lawyers. Candidates must have flexibility to work some overtime. This position will require good communication skills with clients and team. Time management and organization skills are much required. This will be an excellent opportunity for someone with a desire to take great interest in the attorneys' practice and work. Minimum experience includes:
- 5 years of litigation (in California preferred
- Excellent word processing skills (70+ wpm)
- Advanced skills in Word and Outlook
- Calendaring trials, etc. in an automated system
- Able to prepare TOA and TOC
- Unflappable disposition
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (3/20/15) Civil Litigation Secretary. Realize your potential as a professional in the legal industry! Growing downtown law firm seeks a full-time Civil Litigation Legal Secretary with a minimum of 4 years of experience. Come join our team and you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and talented group in our growing Sacramento office. We provide support in a friendly, team-oriented value-based culture which allows for immediate responsibility and growth potential. Please visit www.klinedinstlaw.com/careers for additional information.
- (3/20/15) Operations Coordinator (Sacramento Location). Esquire Deposition Solutions is hiring an Operations Coordinator for their Sacramento location. For full position description and how to apply, please visit their website.
- (3/18/15) Litigation Legal Secretary. Stoel Rives LLP is seeking a litigation legal secretary for its Sacramento office to provide support to attorneys. Apply online at www.stoel.com.
- Extensive word processing, including revision to complex documents, pleadings and comparisons
- Drafting documents
- Daily file retrieval and filing of emails and other documents
- Opening new matters
- Managing proforma and mailing invoices
- Maintaining calendars;
- Expense management
- Entering billable time on a daily basis
- Managing complex documents and discovery
- Case management
Essential qualifications, skills and abilities include the following:
- Strong technology skills, including litigation management software
- Knowledge of state and federal court rules and procedures.
- Ability to manage substantial litigation matters and deadlines
- Superb organizational and administrative skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented and flexible
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of five years of litigation experience. EEO.
- (3/17/15) Litigation Legal Secretary. The Law Office of Christian Green, a CNA Staff Counsel located in Sacramento, is seeking a litigation legal secretary. This role will support two attorneys in Sacramento who handle Healthcare Professional Liability, Construction Defects and High Exposure cases, and will provide overflow support for three other attorneys and paralegals in the Sacramento and San Francisco offices. This position will handle tort matters and will require transcript of dictation and mail handling.
This role, under general supervision, assists attorneys and other legal staff by providing legal administrative support, which includes all aspects of document preparation, and coordination of schedules and calendars for attorneys and case work. Collaboratively works with Claim, Claim Legal and clients as well as other third parties to produce desired results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles all aspects of document preparation.
- Drafts, prepares and distributes legal correspondence and memos under management/attorney direction. Files documents timely and appropriately with courts and other parties.
- Collaboratively assists in gathering and organizing exhibits, documents, trial data and other materials in response to subpoenas, discovery requests, interrogatories, motions for summary judgment, etc.
- Organizes and maintains files (electronic, paper and other) and legal archives.
- Schedules and coordinates attorney and case load calendars.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, procedures and practices as well as overall general knowledge of the insurance industry and the business units.
- Excellent internal/external customer interactive skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette and the ability to draft complex written correspondence.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree with course work or applicable certifications preferred or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum four years of experience in a related legal administrative environment.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.
- (3/16/15) Experienced Litigation Secretary (Sacramento). Seeking an experienced 5+ years of experience as a legal secretary for busy partner and two associates with litigation practice in the area of construction litigation, mechanics liens, stop notices and related bond claims for private and public construction projects, premises liability, real property claims, business litigation, and insurance coverage for personal and commercial liability carriers.
Requires 75+ wpm typing, knowledge of MS Office applications, Abacus time/calendaring system a plus, and Adobe. Must be able to handle a busy desk, keeping track of busy calendar, and attention to detail. Must have knowledge in e-filing, fax-filing and be familiar with both state and federal courts.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a pleasant work environment with health, dental and disability benefits.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; please do not contact by telephone.
- (3/11/15) Administrative Assistant to County Counsel (Sutter County). Duties may include, but are not limited to the following: Utilizes a computer to enter, store, and/or retrieve information; types materials into form from typed or handwritten copy or machine dictation using a variety of complicated formats for preparing legal documents, correspondence, reports, and forms; assumes responsibility for correctness of spelling, punctuation, format, and grammar; reviews, edits, types, records, and processes a large variety of legal documents and records; reviews documents to verify accuracy and complete information; coordinates the petitioning of conservatorship renewals; ensures proper medical affidavits and testimonies are obtained; prepares initial and annual conservatorship documents in a form suitable for filing with the court; prepares land use documents for submission to Board of Supervisors; maintains calendars for court appearances, arranges appointments and meetings, and advises attorneys accordingly; manages and organizes dependency files; scans and organizes digital case files; provides direction to, coordinates and reviews work of clerical staff; reviews, verifies, and processes invoices for payment; prepares funds received for deposit; monitors budget; compiles data to assist department head in preparing budget documents; screens and independently handles calls and visitors.
Education and Experience:
Four years of increasingly responsible experience in a legal office; or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Additional Requirements Available @ Link: www.suttercounty.org/doc/government/depts/hr/hr_jobs.
- (3/9/15) Secretary/Legal Assistant. A well-established Midtown law firm is seeking a full-time experienced (with 3-5 years minimum) litigation secretary/legal assistant for our eminent domain and real estate practice. The candidate must have previous law and motion, discovery, trial preparation, and appellate support experience. He or she will be responsible for managing a calendar for multiple attorneys, document preparation (including properly formatting, proof-reading, filing, and serving motions and other legal documents). A successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- be upbeat, pleasant and professional, and a team player
- possess strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to follow instructions closely
- be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Word and Outlook; WordPerfect; Dropbox; Legal Solutions; and TABs
- have a working knowledge of current rules of civil procedure and rules of court, calendaring procedure, and e-filing and fax-filing, and familiarity with state and federal and appellate courts
- have experience with discovery, trial preparation, preparation of motions and briefs, and formatting documents generally, including creating tables of contents and authorities
- be proficient in transcribing dictation
Competitive compensation and benefits and parking will be offered to the selected candidate. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- (3/9/15) File Clerk/Receptionist. Sacramento Civil Litigation defense firm has immediate opening for a full time File Clerk/Jr. Assistant. Duties include sorting daily mail, calendaring and confirming appearances, organizing and maintaining physical files, indexing files on computer, completing all projects as assigned by lead secretary, photocopying and scanning of documents to files. Court runs and other runs as needed - must have reliable car and insurance. Must be personable and have a professional demeanor. Candidate must be reliable and able to work independently. Some legal experience required, on-the-job training available. Please submit resume to Mary Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (3/4/15) Experienced Litigation Secretary (Sacramento). Sacramento law firm seeks experienced litigation secretary, minimum 5 years of experience as a legal secretary.
Duties / Experience Required include:
- Heavy typing (minimum 90 words per minute).
- Preparation and electronic filing of legal pleadings.
- Data entry.
- Managing attorney calendars.
- Correspondence and communication with clients, courts, and attorneys.
This position requires in depth knowledge of WordPerfect, Outlook, Sage Timeslips and Adobe. Knowledge of federal and state rules of court and civil procedure is necessary. Applicants must be able to work under deadlines, communicate effectively, and have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. Problem solving skills, a good memory, and organization are a must for this busy desk.
We are located in Sacramento in the Howe Ave. / Fair Oaks Blvd. vicinity. We are a bankruptcy firm that has a select group of clients that we serve, not the general public. Bankruptcy experience is desired. Please submit cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com for consideration. Please detail in your cover letter what specific experience that you have that corresponds with the duties listed above. Please only reply to this ad if you have the skills listed in the experienced required section.
- (3/4/15) Public Defender Administrative Services Director (Merced County). Duties may include, but are not limited to the following: Develop, administer, and ensure proper expenditure controls for the departmental budget. Coordinates legislative and regulation analysis to determine impact on department. Complies with grant application requirements and implements grant objectives. Ensures department compliance with judicial and legislative requirements. Coordinates and carries out special projects related to department functions. Analyzes department operations and services for cost benefits and efficient operations. Provides supervision, training, development, and work evaluation of management staff. Represents the Public Defender with the public, community organizations, and other government agencies. May act for the Public Defender on administrative matters as delegated.
Three (3) years of progressively responsible professional staff or management level experience in personnel management, budget preparation and control, and facility management which has included responsibility for supervision of staff.
Equivalent to completion of a four (4) year degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
Link: Click here
- (1/30/15) Part-Time Litigation Secretary. Donahue Davies LLP, a well-established Folsom area 12 attorney Insurance Defense/Litigation Firm is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable litigation secretary who is organized, detail-oriented, professional, able to efficiently multi-task and has proven experience working with managing partner plus two attorneys.
Qualifications include: 5 + years current experience in insurance/litigation defense, excellent communication skills, advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel. Current knowledge of state and federal court rules is mandatory as well as efficiency in an automated calendaring program.
The firm offers competitive salary and benefits. Please include salary requirements when submitting cover letter, resume, and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertise with SLSA -