SLSA’s parent association, Legal Secretaries, Incorporated (LSI), is a nonprofit mutual benefit corporation consisting of legal secretaries, paralegals, and law office support staff in the state of California. LSI offers a variety of programs and services. Among the objectives and purposes of LSI and its approximately 1,000 members and 33 local associations throughout the state of California are:
- To unite persons engaged or interested in any phase of legal work;
- To stimulate a high order of business and professional attainment;
- To further knowledge of law and uphold its honor and dignity;
- To help forward knowledge of educational and public affairs;
- To create a high standard of ethics among members; and
- To establish good fellowship among members and to promote the interest of legal secretaries and law office support staff.
For more information on LSI and the many educational opportunities available to its members, please visit its website at www.lsi.org.