This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys and legal professionals in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this association act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA’s website may review the listings below and format the advertisement like those already posted. The advertisement should provide the following information: name, firm name, address, phone number, areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. Requests to place advertisements for employment are to be emailed to the Employment Chair at email@example.com. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
If you are a proficient litigation assistant/secretary, self-motivated and would enjoy the camaraderie of working in a small office in Folsom, Sheridan Law Group would love to talk with you. The ideal candidate for this full time position will have extensive knowledge of civil procedure and experience with State courts. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing legal documents for filing with State courts
- E-filing legal documents
- Formatting and drafting for review briefs, pleadings, correspondence and other legal documents
- Transcribing dictation
- Scanning, copying, compiling documents
- Calendaring for litigation team
Pay: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Benefits include health insurance and paid time off (a waiting period may apply):
- Legal Secretary: 5 years (Ideal)
- Litigation: 3 years (Ideal)
Please provide resume to Thomas B. Sheridan, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BPE Law Group is a growing mid-sized Sacramento-area law firm specializing in corporate, real estate, and estate planning transactions and litigation. Our collegial team of attorneys and staff are driven to provide outstanding customer service to our clients while we help them accomplish their goals in the midst of often complex regulatory environments.
BPE Law Group is seeking a full-time, experienced Legal Secretary to support our attorneys in a fast-paced environment. A Legal Secretary provides a professional interface with co-workers, clients, and courts to accomplish the firm’s client-service mentality.
This Job is Ideal for Someone Who is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
- Resilient — thrives in a high-pressure environment.
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous.
- A Self-Starter — enjoys taking on challenges.
- Professional – shows discretion and good judgment.
- Ethical – understands and supports client confidentiality.
- A Team Player – supports attorneys and other team members to maximize team productivity.
- Prepares, edits, proof-reads, formats and finalizes correspondence and legal documents.
- Files and timely serves all pleadings with the appropriate courts (electronically or via mail, express, or messenger service), and follows up to ensure all filings and services are completed.
- Maintains expertise in Word including general formatting, styles, generation of TOCs and TOAs.
- Stays current on and applies all court filing procedures and court rules including local rules.
- Reminds attorneys of meetings and litigation deadlines and assists in preparing for same.
- Reviews incoming mail for dates to calendar and maintains a calendar of litigation deadlines.
- Schedules and makes appointments and coordinates conference calls for attorneys as needed.
- Arranges for court reporter and/or videographer when needed.
- Photocopies, assembles, and scans documents.
Qualifications: In addition to experience with the responsibilities outlined above, a Legal Secretary must have:
- Three or more years of previous legal office experience with knowledge of state and federal discovery rules and procedures, calendaring deadlines, and trial preparation.
- Civil Litigation background with an understanding of the California Code of Civil Procedure.
- Superior computer skills and technical savvy, with proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with PracticeMaster a plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of citation styles (Blue Book and CA Style Manual).
- Experience supporting multiple attorneys at a time.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit-sharing package. Family-oriented, respectful, and collaborative office/firm culture. Please send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com and must include Legal Secretary Position in the subject line.
Immediate opening for an experienced, full-time civil litigation legal secretary. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join our team in an outstanding work environment. Firm is located in Sacramento, near Loehmann’s Plaza. Free parking.
Candidate must be proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Judicial Council forms, on-line legal programs, legal calendaring for multiple attorneys, legal filings, court rules and procedures, motion practice and internet savvy. Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment is a must. Candidate must also route incoming documents, email and intakes, draft letters, format pleadings, handle file organization (paper and electronic), open and close files, run conflict checks, assist with civil discovery, prepare matters for trial including preparing exhibits, document management, subpoenas, etc., as well as prepare documents for filing with Court including e-filing. Experience with TimeSlips is a plus. Must be good with clients and client contact, highly organized, reliable and have superior communication/writing skills and a solid work ethic. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with a positive, outgoing attitude, who works well with a team-oriented group of people. Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and excellent telephone skills are critical. Candidate should be comfortable integrating into the practice seamlessly with little training.
Practice is employment law and business litigation in State and Federal court. Hourly wages DOE. Healthcare, vision and dental benefits available. 401k provided. Very friendly firm in a great location. Please sent resume to Andrea Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of the Federal Defender for the Eastern District of California is seeking applications for an Assistant Paralegal position for its Sacramento Office. Assistant Paralegals handle vital litigation tasks, including: general case preparation, case file maintenance, coordinating experts and witnesses, client communication, calendar and docket control, assistance in preparing and filing legal briefs, and interacting with the court and federal agencies. Responsibilities also include backup telephone and reception assistance, and other administrative tasks as needed.