This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys and legal professionals in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this association act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA’s website may review the listings below and format the advertisement like those already posted. The advertisement should provide the following information: name, firm name, address, phone number, areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. Requests to place advertisements for employment are to be emailed to the Employment Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Somach Simmons & Dunn, a mid-sized environmental law firm, is currently looking for an experienced legal secretary with a minimum ten years of civil litigation experience as well as some public agency experience. Qualified candidates will possess excellent communication, organizational, document production, and computer skills combined with a strong work ethic. Candidate must have a thorough working knowledge of Word, type at least 75 wpm, and possess excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills. Working knowledge of both federal and state court rules is required. Must be able to work independently, have the ability to multi-task, have excellent attention to detail, and be a team player.
Somach Simmons & Dunn offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits including paid parking. Insurance benefits are 100% employer paid for both the employee and their dependents. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com or Somach Simmons & Dunn, Attn: Human Resources, 500 Capitol Mall, Suite 1000, Sacramento, CA 95814 (no phone calls please).
Somach Simmons & Dunn is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and in providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. The firm does not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, all other characteristics proscribed by law, and discrimination on the basis of gender identity are strictly prohibited.
The Sacramento County Bar Association is seeking an Executive Director.
Second paralegal/legal assistant needed for busy one-attorney family law office. Seeking ability to work with and manage clients, work independently, organize and keep to a calendar, and work in a team environment. All levels of experience will be considered. Family law experience is preferred as well as experience with Word, Outlook, and Abacus (but not required). Will provide a competitive compensation package, including health insurance and a 401(k). For consideration, send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Caulfield Law Firm is an established civil litigation firm in El Dorado Hills seeking a detail oriented Legal Assistant capable of handling multiple duties in a small office environment. We offer a friendly, business casual environment with competitive salary package. Must have a minimum of seven years of litigation experience. Satisfaction of paralegal requirements under Business and Professions Code section 6450(c) preferred but not required.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, technological, calendaring, and administrative skills with attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of litigation processes
- Thorough knowledge of filing/e-filing requirements in all California courts, including federal courts.
- Ability to independently research and compute deadlines and calendar for state, appellate, and federal courts.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload without prompting.
- Ability to multitask and work with two attorneys simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with MS Word, Outlook and Adobe.
- Ability to research, analyze and summarize issues in writing.
- Research filing requirements for state and federal courts, as needed.
- Draft, edit, and finalize correspondence, discovery, and pleadings with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Schedule appointments and events in Microsoft Outlook and ensure deadlines are met timely.
- Process, scan, and distribute incoming mail.
- Open, maintain, and close case files in conformance with internal office procedures.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies.
- Enter attorney time in billing program and generate monthly invoices.
- Perform general administrative functions (e.g., answer telephone calls, scan/copy documents, etc.).
- Document review, organization and summary (if paralegal)
- Assist with attorney trial preparation, including securing witnesses for trial, preparation of exhibits, jury instructions, trial binders, etc.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Qualified individuals should forward with their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
Boutin Jones is seeking an experienced litigation secretary to serve as a floater to support the firm’s litigation staff. This is a full-time position and requires a high school diploma with five+ years of experience, three of which will have come as a litigation secretary or paralegal in a law office or law-related office. Must have computer skills to meet standards of accuracy and speed set by this office. Spelling, grammar and punctuation must be exceptional. Basic ability in math and report keeping needed. Completion of at least 2 years of college or vocational school is helpful, but not required. The candidate will have a team spirit attitude, be able to meet and communicate with individuals pleasantly and represent the law office in an efficient, professional manner. Must be a team player with the willingness to help with coverage.
Established Sacramento AV-rated general civil litigation firm has an immediate need for an experienced (3+ years) legal assistant/legal secretary who will support litigation associates. Position requires strong knowledge of state and federal rules of civil procedure. Candidate must be dependable, highly motivated, organized, self-sufficient and dedicated. Attention to detail is a must.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Legal Solutions, WestLaw Doc & Form Builder, LexisNexis Research and TimeSlips.
- Conduct legal research, prepare exhibits, multi-task, work with others and independently.
- Prepare attorneys and maintain their calendars for meetings, depositions, court appearances, mediations, arbitrations, and trial.
- Strong organizational, writing, proofreading, editing and communication skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Assist associates and coordinate related calendars, including trial support as necessary.
- Interact with clients, co-workers, opposing counsel and court officials.
- Manage case load, client documents, general and electronic files, evidence organization, discovery, trial preparation and trial related matters.
- Research, review court rules and procedures, perform investigations and record searches.
- Prepare, proofread, and edit correspondence, documents and pleadings.
- Prepare court filings, coordinate filing services and ensure compliance with local and state rules/procedure.
- Schedule and calendar hearings, depositions, trial and other events.
- Answer phones and route calls.
- Open and process mail and facsimiles, including scanning.
Salary/Benefits: Full-time (40-hour week) $20-24/hour, DOE; employer contribution to health, dental, vision insurance; 401K; Paid time off. E-mail resume to JL@CostaLaw.net.