This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys and legal professionals in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this association act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA’s website may review the listings below and format the advertisement like those already posted. The advertisement should provide the following information: name, firm name, address, phone number, areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. Requests to place advertisements for employment are to be emailed to the Employment Chair at email@example.com. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Fredericks Peebles & Patterson LLP, a national law firm dedicated the representation of Indian tribes and tribally owned entities, seeks an experienced legal secretary to join a collegial team of results-oriented practitioners in our Sacramento Office.
The Legal Secretary will provide legal and administrative support to senior attorneys. This essential, highly responsible and accountable position requires the individual to work independently, anticipate needs, be proactive, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate professionalism. The successful candidate must deliver excellent work and superior service to the Firm and the Firm’s clients. The candidate must also possess strong organizational and time management skills, communicate effectively and be flexible as demands and priorities change.
REQUIRED duties and experience include:
- Document production and file management
- Extensive experience with e-filing in administrative, state and federal courts
- Draft, proofread and edit correspondence
- Client interaction/communication with clients, courts, and attorneys
- Knowledge of court rules and civil procedures in State and Federal jurisdictions
- Legal calendaring and other electronic court rule programs
- Management of multiple calendars, appointments and travel arrangements
- Preparation of travel/expense reimbursements
- High school diploma or GED; Associates / Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of law firm experience required. Supporting a minimum of three attorneys in a mid-size firm is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Word 2013 or higher (using styles, generating TOC, track changes, document comparison) and Outlook; basic proficiency in Excel
- Experience with the following software preferred: ProLaw; Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Knowledge of and experience with federal and state court systems including federal e-filing and state court online filing systems
- Exceptional grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Fundamental knowledge of legal terminology, court rules and procedures
- Practical knowledge of client billing
- Successful candidates must be proactive, service oriented, detailed, reliable, and have satisfactory references and background check. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and promote a positive and rewarding work environment.
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package provided.
Plumas County is seeking either a Paralegal I, II or III to work in the County Counsel’s office. To be considered for this position, please submit a Plumas County Employment Application via www.countyofplumas.com/jobs. In this role, you will:
- Provide support and assist with the Small Claim Court Advisor Program.
- Provides basic litigation support to litigants on legal issues including explaining procedures depending on the type of case, proper jurisdiction, appropriate forms, and procedures.
- Perform small claims legal research as required.
- Answer inquires to County Counsel or District Attorney’s Office concerning routine legal questions, status of pending litigation actions and Board of Supervisor’s actions.
- Calendars action
- Prepares notices and/ or subpoenas.
- Prepares deposition summaries.
- Communicate with law firms and the Courts.
Pleased see our website for complete job descriptions. Plumas County Employment Applications may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Low McKinley Baleria & Salenko, LLP is seeking a Litigation Secretary with 5 years of experience in insurance defense. Primary responsibilities will be to assist attorney with all aspects of litigation, including discovery, court filings and trial preparation. Candidate must have the following abilities:
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and meet deadlines with accuracy and efficiency;
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with others;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook, knowledge of Prolaw a plus;
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures in State and Federal Courts.
We offer competitive salary and benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ADD, 401k). Please submit resume with cover letter along with references and salary requirement to email@example.com.
Outstanding opportunity for a Senior Legal Secretary for a statewide defense firm in its Sacramento office. We are looking for a team player who enjoys a cordial, fun, diverse and fast-paced working environment. The candidate should have a minimum of seven (7) years in litigation with knowledge of court pleadings and discovery; trial preparation, correspondence, scanning and mail procedures. Must have proficiency in Word and Outlook and have excellent skills, detail-oriented and strong work ethic. This opportunity is ideal for a candidate who wants to learn and excel in a senior litigation and administrative support role.
- Transcribe and proofread legal documents.
- Manage a high volume of cases and meet stringent deadlines.
- File, organize, scan, copy and fax legal documents.
- File documents with the court ahead of deadlines.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
The ideal candidate must be able to multitask and manage a high volume of case-work. Must be able to meet stringent deadlines. Must be Proficient in MS Word, Outlook and Abacus or equivalent. Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in years in trial litigation with knowledge of federal, state and local court pleadings and discovery. Familiarity with state and federal e-filing and e-service. Must have experience with correspondence, scanning and mail procedures. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Familiarity with legal documents and terminology. Typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high rate of accuracy. Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines. Courteous and professional demeanor. Able to work as a team with attorneys and other staff members. Strong sense of discretion. Must be able to multi-task and maintain a consistent method of organization.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), FSA, group life, and LTD offered for eligible employees.
Paid Vacation and Sick time for eligible employees. All inquiries are confidential.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ericksen Arbuthnot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Daponde Simpson Rowe PC, a 10-attorney firm in downtown Sacramento, is seeking an experienced litigation secretary to work with attorneys in its health care law practice. The successful candidate should be detail oriented and should have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, preparation of law and motion documents, litigation calendaring and service requirements, and must be able to work well with clients and assist the assigned attorneys in balancing multiple counseling and litigation tasks. We are looking for someone with strong proofreading/editing skills and experience with court filing procedures, including e-filing. We are a collegial firm with competitive pay and benefits, and are looking for a talented secretary to join our team. Please send your confidential resume to email@example.com. Equal Opportunity Employer.
A well-established mid-size Sacramento law firm is seeking a full-time experienced (5 years minimum) litigation secretary/legal assistant for a partner whose practice consists primarily of insurance defense personal injury. This individual must have previous law and motion, discovery and trial preparation experience. Must also have knowledge of California court rules.
Essential duties include: Managing the calendar for several attorneys, litigation-related duties including document preparation; drafting and filing legal documents including correspondence, pleadings and orders; transcribing dictation; proofreading and editing documents; maintaining electronic and paper files; knowledge of legal calendaring; scheduling of appointments and depositions and trial preparation.
The ideal candidate would be proficient and knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Essential Forms, Abacus and Timeslips as well as be familiar with court filing procedures including e-filing. A successful candidate would be able to work independently and be a team player as well as be comfortable working with deadlines and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The firm offers health/dental/life/disability benefits as well as a pension/profit sharing plan. Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Assistant needed for a full-time position in the Sacramento branch office of a statewide, full-service adoption agency. We are looking for a team-oriented individual who can provide stellar customer service with proven communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills in a small cheerful office environment. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of administrative experience, detailed oriented, able to multi-task, work independently, and work in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines. Familiar with adoptions and family licensing standards a plus, but not required. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy work-life balance, collaborative team environment and many opportunities for personal growth and professional development. Hourly wage is depending on experience. Additional pay differential may be available for applicants who are fluently bilingual in written and spoken Spanish. Qualified applicants may respond by e-mail with a PDF resume to: email@example.com.
Matheny Sears Linkert & Jaime, a Sacramento civil litigation defense firm, is looking for a take charge Litigation Secretary. Communication skills and organizational skills a must. This position requires a minimum of three years’ experience as a Litigation Secretary. Must have knowledge of federal and state court procedures and proficient knowledge of court e-filing requirements. Must have electronic calendaring experience (comparable to CompuLaw).
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Preparation, proofreading and filing of legal documents
- Maintaining electronic and paper files
- Calendaring of daily mail/managing attorney calendars
- Ability to transcribe from dictation
- Ability to draft correspondence and documents for approval of attorneys
- Scheduling of appointments and depositions
- All aspects of trial preparation
- Create and format table of authorities and table of contents
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to multi-task. Must be able to communicate with people in a pleasant and professional manner. Must have a good attitude and ability to work with others in a team environment. Qualified individuals should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Secretary/Assistant to provide secretarial and clerical support to 3-4 attorneys in Sacramento (Gold River).
Responsibilities include: preparing correspondence; transcription; entering billing; proofreading documents and checking spelling and grammar; filings with State and Federal court; serving documents; organizing and maintaining electronic files; scheduling appointments and maintaining a calendar for the attorney(s). The candidate will work closely with the attorney(s) as well as the day-to-day activities in the office.
Required proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Lexis, General State and Federal Court Rules, overall computer knowledge, and great oral and written communication skills. Experience with Net Docs and Compulaw is a plus.
Please submit your desired salary along with your resume to email@example.com.
Morki Vanis & Jones, LLP is looking for an experienced legal secretary/assistant with at least 5+ years of experience.
In This Role You Will
- Manage a legal calendar – Juralaw or similar
- Format and proofread legal documents, including pleadings and motions
- File legal documents with the state and federal courts
- Have experience in assisting attorneys and paralegals in preparing legal documents
- Have experience in drafting, revising and proofreading legal documents
- Must be able to maintain attorney(s) appointments/calendar
- Must be able to calendar all California court deadlines/due dates for several cases/multi-tasking
- Must be able to complete court filings and subpoena documents
The Right Person For This Position Will
- Have experience in a litigation support role/construction defect/general liability/personal injury matters
- Demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail
- Be comfortable working in a deadline driven environment
- Possess working knowledge of the California Code and Federal Civil Procedure
- Proficiency with Document Management Program – NetDocs, Outlook, Word, Legal Calendar, Adobe Pro
Salem & Green, A Professional Corporation (“S&G”), is a boutique law firm in Sacramento, California, that specializes in healthcare (business and regulatory), mergers and acquisitions/dispositions and securities. S&G commenced operations in August 1999. See our website at www.salemgreen.com for additional information about our firm. We are seeking a full-time executive assistant/legal secretary/corporate paralegal who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, client-interactive and multi-tasking individual with a positive, friendly demeanor. This position is available due to the upcoming retirement in early July of an employee who has been with S&G since S&G’s inception in August 1999 (almost 20 years).
The County of Sacramento is accepting applications for Legal Secretary II. Under general supervision, a Legal Secretary II performs a wide variety of complex legal clerical work requiring independent judgment and discretion, and is subject to minimal work direction and instruction. Positions allocated to this class frequently provide lead direction to other clerical staff. The range of duties typically involves performing work in multiple, unrelated areas of law and for several attorneys, and/or other staff. Incumbents may be required to use shorthand to perform some work assignments.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM on one of the posted cut-off dates of 3/25/19, 6/3/19, or 9/2/19. Please view the official job announcement for all requirements and testing information. The full job announcement and online application can be obtained by clicking here.
The County of Sacramento is accepting applications for Legal Secretary I. Legal Secretary I is a journey level class and is characterized by a wide variety of general and legal clerical work which includes composing and typing legal documents and correspondence, processing of legal documents, and maintenance of legal case records. These duties are generally repetitive and require minimal supervision once office procedures are learned.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM on one of the posted cut-off dates of 04/05/19, 07/05/19, or 10/04/19. Please view the official job announcement for all requirements and testing information. The full job announcement and online application can be obtained by clicking here.