This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys and legal professionals in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this association act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA’s website may review the listings below and format the advertisement like those already posted. The advertisement should provide the following information: name, firm name, address, phone number, areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. Requests to place advertisements for employment are to be emailed to the Employment Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Small boutique law firm is looking for a legal secretary to manage the partners desk. This well-established law firm practices Insurance defense, Labor & employment and some Personal injury. Must have 5+ years of litigation experience. The right candidate will be able to stay 10 steps ahead of the attorney, be well organized and able to prioritize essentials tasks. This is a quiet but very busy collegial environment.
Duties will include:
- Managing litigation calendar
- E-filing with state and federal courts
- Preparing and formatting legal documents
- Superior MS Office skills
If you are interested please send resumes to email@example.com.
Weinberg, Roger & Rosenfeld is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable legal secretary who is highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, professional, reliable and able to efficiently multi-task a very busy desk. Prioritizing is a must.
- 7 – 10 years legal secretary experience.
- Excellent word processing skills, including ability to generate TOC and TOA.
- High level of expertise with Word, Excel, Legal Solutions, Outlook.
- Familiarity with state and federal court rules.
- Experience with e-filing in both state and federal courts.
- Proven experience in supporting at least 3 attorneys efficiently.
Essential functions are primarily job duties that the employee must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer. Responsible for all aspects of processing secretarial work generated in connection with services provided for our clients, including, but not limited to:
- Utilizes a computer and/or typewriter to type correspondence, memoranda, reports and other documents.
- Preparation and processing of pleadings from both written and dictated sources and timely filing, paper and/or electronic, such pleadings with the appropriate court or administrative agency, in accordance with each court or agency’s rules.
- Operates standard office equipment, including computer, copier, typewriter, digital transcription, transcription machine, facsimile, telephone and velobinding equipment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and navigating various court and other websites.
- Interacts responsibly and competently with clients, co-counsel and others to secure information and transmit inquiries to legal counsel, by e-mail, regular mail or telephone.
- May be requested to screen calls and record messages.
- Route outgoing mail to specific delivery service for timely delivery.
- Utilizes master calendar and docket systems to obtain information. Establish and maintain deadline reminder systems in order to prioritize individual workloads and utilize master calendar and docket systems to obtain information on deadline reminders.
- Prepares ‘Blue Sheet’ for new file opening with information provided by attorney.
- Maintains client files in accordance with established procedures or upon instruction by attorney’s preference, including indexing and filing documents appropriately.
- May be required to make calls to court, clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel and arbitrators setting calendar/arbitrations as needed. All legal secretaries asked to schedule or calendar arbitrations will be provided training on the procedure. If Management wants a specific secretary to schedule and/or calendar arbitration, clear instructions of the assignment will be provided.
- May be required to provide ‘incidental’ training for the same or other classifications. Consistent with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Make complex travel arrangements.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read and write in order to perform routine office correspondence, including independently writing correspondence at attorney’s direction.
- Ability to proofread and perform standard editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling).
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents.
- Approximately three years litigation secretary experience to perform the administrative duties in a professional services setting.
- Knowledge and ability to research state and federal court rules.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Complete knowledge of e-mail and correspondence protocols in order to compose letters and e-mails to clients, counsel, courts and others.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and follow instructions provided either in person, by e-mail, regular mail, or telephone effectively from a diverse group of attorneys and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Work requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of clerical tasks and performing other essential duties.
- Ability to efficiently operate standard office equipment including computer, copier, typewriter, transcription machine, facsimile, telephone systems, digital transcription and scanners for portable digital files (pdf).
- Ability to learn and effectively use specialized software necessary for the execution and completion of essential functions with appropriate training.
- Ability to push and pull packages, books weighing up to 20 pounds and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves up to 8 ft. high.
- Perform administrative and other duties consistent with the position as requested. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. To apply, please send resume to Jennifer Calhoun at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Olgetree Deakins has an opportunity for an experienced Legal Practice Assistant to join the firm’s expanding practice. On a day-to-day basis, the Practice Assistant works under the direction of attorneys and paralegal to whom the practice assistant is assigned. Under limited supervision, supports the delivery of quality legal services to clients by providing secretarial and administrative assistance to attorneys, performing complex and specialized secretarial and clerical tasks, and working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. This position supports multiple attorneys as primary assignments and also provides backup secretarial assistance to other attorneys as assigned.
Immediate opening for an experienced, full-time civil litigation legal secretary. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join our team in an outstanding work environment. Firm is located in Sacramento, near Loehmann’s Plaza. Free parking.
Candidate must be proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Judicial Council forms, on-line legal programs, legal calendaring for multiple attorneys, legal filings, court rules and procedures, motion practice and internet savvy. Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment is a must. Candidate must also route incoming documents, email and intakes, draft letters, format pleadings, handle file organization (paper and electronic), open and close files, run conflict checks, assist with civil discovery, prepare matters for trial including preparing exhibits, document management, subpoenas, etc., as well as prepare documents for filing with Court including e-filing. Experience with TimeSlips is a plus. Must be good with clients and client contact, highly organized, reliable and have superior communication/writing skills and a solid work ethic. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with a positive, outgoing attitude, who works well with a team-oriented group of people. Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and excellent telephone skills are critical. Candidate should be comfortable integrating into the practice seamlessly with little training.
Practice is employment law and business litigation in State and Federal court. Hourly wages DOE. Healthcare, vision and dental benefits available. 401k provided. Very friendly firm in a great location. Please sent resume to Andrea Mooney at email@example.com.
Jacobson Markham LLP, an established Sacramento civil litigation firm is seeking a dynamic legal assistant to support one partner. This position requires superior organizational skills and the ability to handle the day to day tasks/challenges of a litigation desk.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Organizing and maintaining case files
- Drafting, reviewing and editing correspondence, pleadings and discovery
- Preparing court filings and arranging service of documents
- Managing calendars and case related deadlines
- Document review and coordinating document productions
- Trial preparation
- At least one year of law office experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute numerous tasks under time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of court rules and filing procedures (including e-filing) in both State and Federal Courts
This is a full-time position, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, although part-time will be considered for the right candidate. We offer a congenial work environment with a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified individuals should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fisher Phillips, a national employment and labor law firm, is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary for its Sacramento office. Our range of experience and expertise enables us to bring efficient and practical solutions to today’s labor and employment law problems. For more information about the firm, please visit us at our website at www.fisherphillips.com.
Position Summary: This position has dual performance function, first supports the delivery of quality legal services to clients by providing secretarial and administrative assistance to attorneys, performing complex and specialized secretarial and clerical tasks, and working collaboratively and cooperative with others in a team-oriented environment. This position supports a set of attorneys as a primary assignment and also provides back-up secretarial assistance to others as assigned.
For complete job posting and how apply, please click here.
Weintraub Tobin is a growing and reputable Firm with offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Sacramento, San Diego and San Francisco. The Firm is committed to fostering a culture of respect, teamwork, and integrity to promote a positive workplace. We value our attorneys and staff and are committed to producing the highest quality of legal services to our clients.
We are currently seeking a full-time (40 hours per week), Transactional Legal Secretary to join our Sacramento office. The ideal candidate must have experience in supporting transactional practices (specifically transactional Real Estate).
Candidates with the following experience will be considered:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Transactional Secretary
- Familiarity with Real Estate transactions and documents
- Current experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with formatting, redlining, and comparing documents
- Familiarity with Worldox or similar document management system
- Successful experience supporting a minimum of three attorneys
The successful candidate will also have the ability to:
- Provide exceptional client service through in-person, email and/or phone interactions
- Observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically with other attorneys, secretaries, firm management and other legal staff
- Remain flexible when presented with change
- Organize and manage competing priorities
- Learn new skills and software as the opportunity arises
- Reach out to peers if assistance is needed and you have the capacity to assist
- Demonstrate behavior that is aligned with the Firm’s culture and values
- Participate in training and development opportunities presented within the Firm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is Firm policy to provide equal opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, genetics, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. It is the intent of the Firm to comply with all applicable federal and state laws with respect to fair employment practices. The Firm will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability or medical condition or for an employee’s religious beliefs provided the accommodation does not cause undue hardship to the Firm. Any applicant or employee with a qualifying disability or medical condition, or a religious practice, that requires an accommodation in order for the employee to perform the essential function of his or her job, should contact Human Resources to discuss it further so the Firm can determine if a reasonable accommodation exists and can be provided.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Office of the Federal Defender for the Eastern District of California is seeking applications for an Assistant Paralegal position for its Sacramento Office. Assistant Paralegals handle vital litigation tasks, including: general case preparation, case file maintenance, coordinating experts and witnesses, client communication, calendar and docket control, assistance in preparing and filing legal briefs, and interacting with the court and federal agencies. Responsibilities also include backup telephone and reception assistance, and other administrative tasks as needed.
Somach Simmons & Dunn, a mid-sized environmental law firm, is currently looking for an experienced legal secretary with at least five years of civil litigation experience as well as some public agency experience. Qualified candidates should possess excellent communication, organizational, document production, and computer skills combined with a strong work ethic. Candidate must have a thorough working knowledge of Word, type at least 65 wpm, and possess excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills. Working knowledge of both federal and state court rules is required. Must be able to work independently, have the ability to multi-task, have excellent attention to detail, and be a team player.
Somach Simmons & Dunn offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits including paid parking. Insurance benefits are 100% employer paid for both the employee and their dependents. Interested candidates should send their resume with cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or Somach Simmons & Dunn, Attn: Human Resources, 500 Capitol Mall, Suite 1000, Sacramento, CA 95814 (no phone calls please).
Somach Simmons & Dunn is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and in providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. The firm does not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or all other characteristics proscribed by law, and discrimination on the basis of gender identity is strictly prohibited.
Greenberg Traurig currently has an excellent opportunity for a Litigation Docket Specialist in our growing Litigation practice group within our Sacramento or Los Angeles offices. Our docketing team provides centralized litigation docketing services utilizing ProLaw for our Sacramento, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, Las Vegas, Phoenix and Denver offices. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. For complete job posting and how to apply, please click here.
Hefner, Stark & Marois, LLP, is currently hiring for a legal assistant. Requirements: Minimum of five years’ experience as a legal assistant/secretary in civil litigation. Must be proficient in Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Must be familiar with legal terminology. Ability to transcribe dictation; make revisions to documents, including but not limited to redlining/comparing and other advanced word processing skills; must have knowledge of certain court procedures and calendaring requirements, including use of calendaring software program (Compulaw); ability to independently search for special court requirements and filing fees; knowledge of e-filing in state and federal courts; ability to perform all clerical tasks required of a legal assistant, including word processing, interacting with clients, both in person and over the phone. Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail; be able to meet filing deadlines in short time periods and remain composed under pressure.
Work to be Performed: Detailed clerical work for two or three attorneys, depending on workload. Assists with the preparation of legal forms, documents, briefs and correspondence. Calendars court dates and possesses a working knowledge of local rules of court. Performs a wide range of office duties, including assisting other attorneys/assistants when extra help is needed; reception backup as needed; photocopying and emailing documents. Answers inquiries, including those dealing with providing information on the status of legal actions in process, without giving legal advice. Establishes and maintains legal files. Filing of correspondence and documents; pleading indexing; client file organization. Entry of attorney time sheets. Applicants should email Jeanne Mazzuca at email@example.com.
Business and civil litigation firm, Smith, McDowell & Powell, seeks full-time Legal Assistant with at least two years of civil litigation experience. Paralegal certification and/or bachelor’s degree are preferred, but not required. Applicant must have a strong understanding of California and local court rules/procedures and will be responsible for: maintaining and organizing client files and evidence; preparation of letters, pleadings, discovery, subpoenas, corporate documents and related correspondence; calendaring litigation and other deadlines; and answering phones, taking messages and greeting clients. Applicants can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Desmond, Nolan, Livaich & Cunningham, located in Midtown Sacramento on the R Street corridor, is seeking an experienced legal assistant for a full time or desk share position (Wednesday through Friday) to support our eminent domain and real estate litigation practice. The ideal candidate will be capable of handling a multitude of duties in a medium size office setting, supporting three attorneys The candidate will possess excellent communication, organization, time management and client interaction skills, and be able to balance a variable workload.
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Outlook, Adobe, and WordPerfect.
- Knowledge and experience with filing/e-filing requirements in the California trial and appellate courts.
- Knowledge and experience with litigation process, and an ability to compute deadlines and calendar for state and federal courts, including appellate courts.
- Tabs experience is welcome, but not necessary.
- Ability to work independently and in conjunction with other staff members as office needs require.
Qualified individuals should forward a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. No telephone call please.
Boutin Jones Inc. has an opening for an Estate Planning Secretary. Applicant must have five+ years of experience as a legal secretary, three of which will have come as an estate planning secretary or paralegal in a law office or law-related office. Experience in estate planning, trust and probate administration recommended. Must have computer skills to meet standards of accuracy and speed set by this office. Spelling, grammar and punctuation must be exceptional. Completion of at least two years of college or vocational school helpful. The candidate will have a team spirit attitude, be able to meet and communicate with individuals pleasantly and represent the law office in an efficient, professional manner. Must be a team player with willingness to help with coverage.
Neasham & Kramer LLP currently has an opening for a seasoned litigation legal secretary for a very busy small law office. We are looking for someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in state, federal and appellate procedures, including e-filing, court rules, calendaring, discovery procedures and trial preparation. Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must with the ability to communicate effectively. The candidate should be proficient in MS Office 10 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and able to maintain electronic and physical filing systems. The firm offers competitive salary and benefits. For consideration please submit resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remy Moose Manley is a well-established law partnership that focuses on land use and environmental law and provides extensive environmental litigation and consulting services throughout California. We currently have an opening for a full-time Legal Secretary in our Sacramento office.
We are looking for a person with a high level of professionalism, strong work ethic, and the ability to perform well as a member of the support staff team. This person will need to take over a very busy desk in a short period of time.
This position is responsible for performing support duties such as managing several litigation calendars, preparing and formatting legal documents, e-filing with state and federal courts, and assisting with trial preparation.
The successful candidate will have at least three years of Legal Secretary experience. Superior MS Office skills are required. Proficiency with state and federal court rules is required. Experience with a document management system (Worldox is a plus) and calendaring software (preferably Compulaw) is required.
Remy Moose Manley offers competitive pay as well as a generous benefit package. Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.