This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys and legal professionals in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this association act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA’s website may review the listings below and format the advertisement like those already posted. The advertisement should provide the following information: name, firm name, address, phone number, areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. Requests to place advertisements for employment are to be emailed to the Employment Chair at email@example.com. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Fisher Phillips, a national employment and labor law firm, is seeking an experienced Litigation Secretary for its Sacramento office. Our range of experience enables us to bring efficient and practical solutions to today’s labor and employment law problems. For more information about the firm, please visit us at our website at www.fisherphillips.com.
- Formatting briefs, pleadings, correspondence and other legal documents.
- Filing of legal documents with state and federal courts (e-filing knowledge is a must).
- Regularly and accurately proofreads all documents to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to distribution or filing.
- Updating and maintaining client files.
- Maintaining attorney calendars through Outlook and CompuLaw (i.e. scheduling appointments, calendaring due dates, etc.).
- Organize and coordinate travel arrangements for assigned attorneys.
- Accurately enters, reviews and revises timekeeper timesheets including consistent identification of litigation codes, when applicable.
- Preparing attorney reimbursements and mileage.
- Consistently providing friendly and helpful telephone support for assigned attorneys and/or receptionist relief.
- Reviewing and ensuring accuracy of vendor invoices; prepare accurate check requests and timely submit invoices for payment to client or accounting.
- Participates in the timely review and submission of pre-bills and/or client bills.
- Possesses a strong understanding and abides by the policies and procedures of the firm and local office.
- Maintains an exceptional customer service attitude and demeanor at all times.
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and is approachable.
- Adapts well to fluctuations in workload and changes in responsibilities.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in high-stress situations.
- Presents written communications that are concise and accurate.
- Exhibits confident and professional verbal communication skills.
- Effectively communicates with clients and vendors.
- Answers questions clearly and thoroughly.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and congeniality.
Skills and Abilities
- Lexis Nexis, Pacer, ECF, iManage or other comparable document management system, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, CompuLaw, Concur and Excel. (Aderant knowledge is a plus.)
- Attendance & Punctuality: Be consistently at work and on time; arrive at meetings and appointments on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Communication: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Service: Respond promptly to attorney and client requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Dependability: Follow instructions; complete tasks on time; commit to the hours necessary to complete assignments; work independently.
- Professionalism: Approach others in a tactful manner; treat others with respect; react well under pressure.
- Team Work: Contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills: Possess basic PC skills; ability to use phone system, copier, scanner, fax, and printer.
- Minimum of a high school diploma required (College degree is preferred, but not required).
- Minimum of five years of experience as a legal secretary required.
No relocation costs. Principals only; no calls please.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please click here to apply:
Sacramento law firm is seeking a full-time administrative assistant and receptionist who is a self-starter, hardworking, motivated and interested in becoming a part of our team.
Duties of the position include: answering a multi-line telephone system and announcing calls, faxing, copying, scanning, mailing, creation, naming, and manipulation of .PDFs, filing, organizing and ordering office supplies, greeting clients, database management, invoice routing, opening new case files and running conflict checks, assisting the office manager with various tasks and projects, occasional out of office errands, and other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 2 years prior experience in customer service
- 1 to 2 years prior experience in an office setting, preferred
- Professional attitude and appearance, and a polite and courteous manner
- Adaptable and efficient with a problem-solving approach to tasks, and a proactive mentality to complete additional tasks and offer assistance
- Organized approach to work assignments, ability to prioritize, and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team environment
- Professional writing skills
If interested, please send an email with your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for the position, please be sure to showcase your writing/grammar level and include the following in your cover letter:
- Specific examples of previous functions used or tasks performed in the software programs
- Description of why you are qualified for the position
- Your available start date
A respected law firm in the Sacramento area is seeking a motivated legal secretary. The firm has a progressive culture where individuals can flourish in a dynamic and energetic team environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of client customer service, a commitment to meet client expectations, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment. If you are interested in an opportunity to grow personally and professionally, this position maybe for you. Please provide resume to email@example.com.
- At least 5 years of secretarial litigation experience
- Construction litigation and/or Labor Employment experience preferred
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Advanced skills in iManage or other document management system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and writing)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team as well as working independently
A boutique law firm in Sacramento is seeking a talented, motivated paralegal. The ideal candidate should have at least three years of paralegal experience and litigation experience. Possess a strong work ethic and enjoy working in a team environment. Please provide resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At least three years of paralegal experience
Paralegal certificate required
- Ability to analyze, categorize and accurately summarize documents in an efficient manner
- Possess excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the client and the assigned attorney
- Possess a team player attitude and the ability to effectively collaborate with attorneys and legal staff as well as clients
- Firm offers excellent compensation benefits
If you are a proficient litigation assistant/secretary, self-motivated and would enjoy the camaraderie of working in a small office in Folsom, Sheridan Law Group would love to talk with you. The ideal candidate for this full time position will have extensive knowledge of civil procedure and experience with State courts. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing legal documents for filing with State courts
- E-filing legal documents
- Formatting and drafting for review briefs, pleadings, correspondence and other legal documents
- Transcribing dictation
- Scanning, copying, compiling documents
- Calendaring for litigation team
Pay: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Benefits include health insurance and paid time off (a waiting period may apply):
- Legal Secretary: 5 years (Ideal)
- Litigation: 3 years (Ideal)
Please provide resume to Thomas B. Sheridan, Esq. at email@example.com.
BPE Law Group is a growing mid-sized Sacramento-area law firm specializing in corporate, real estate, and estate planning transactions and litigation. Our collegial team of attorneys and staff are driven to provide outstanding customer service to our clients while we help them accomplish their goals in the midst of often complex regulatory environments.
BPE Law Group is seeking a full-time, experienced Legal Secretary to support our attorneys in a fast-paced environment. A Legal Secretary provides a professional interface with co-workers, clients, and courts to accomplish the firm’s client-service mentality.
This Job is Ideal for Someone Who is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
- Resilient — thrives in a high-pressure environment.
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous.
- A Self-Starter — enjoys taking on challenges.
- Professional – shows discretion and good judgment.
- Ethical – understands and supports client confidentiality.
- A Team Player – supports attorneys and other team members to maximize team productivity.
- Prepares, edits, proof-reads, formats and finalizes correspondence and legal documents.
- Files and timely serves all pleadings with the appropriate courts (electronically or via mail, express, or messenger service), and follows up to ensure all filings and services are completed.
- Maintains expertise in Word including general formatting, styles, generation of TOCs and TOAs.
- Stays current on and applies all court filing procedures and court rules including local rules.
- Reminds attorneys of meetings and litigation deadlines and assists in preparing for same.
- Reviews incoming mail for dates to calendar and maintains a calendar of litigation deadlines.
- Schedules and makes appointments and coordinates conference calls for attorneys as needed.
- Arranges for court reporter and/or videographer when needed.
- Photocopies, assembles, and scans documents.
Qualifications: In addition to experience with the responsibilities outlined above, a Legal Secretary must have:
- Three or more years of previous legal office experience with knowledge of state and federal discovery rules and procedures, calendaring deadlines, and trial preparation.
- Civil Litigation background with an understanding of the California Code of Civil Procedure.
- Superior computer skills and technical savvy, with proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with PracticeMaster a plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of citation styles (Blue Book and CA Style Manual).
- Experience supporting multiple attorneys at a time.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit-sharing package. Family-oriented, respectful, and collaborative office/firm culture. Please send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include Legal Secretary Position in the subject line.
Immediate opening for an experienced, full-time civil litigation legal secretary. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join our team in an outstanding work environment. Firm is located in Sacramento, near Loehmann’s Plaza. Free parking.
Candidate must be proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Judicial Council forms, on-line legal programs, legal calendaring for multiple attorneys, legal filings, court rules and procedures, motion practice and internet savvy. Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment is a must. Candidate must also route incoming documents, email and intakes, draft letters, format pleadings, handle file organization (paper and electronic), open and close files, run conflict checks, assist with civil discovery, prepare matters for trial including preparing exhibits, document management, subpoenas, etc., as well as prepare documents for filing with Court including e-filing. Experience with TimeSlips is a plus. Must be good with clients and client contact, highly organized, reliable and have superior communication/writing skills and a solid work ethic. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with a positive, outgoing attitude, who works well with a team-oriented group of people. Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and excellent telephone skills are critical. Candidate should be comfortable integrating into the practice seamlessly with little training.
Practice is employment law and business litigation in State and Federal court. Hourly wages DOE. Healthcare, vision and dental benefits available. 401k provided. Very friendly firm in a great location. Please sent resume to Andrea Mooney at email@example.com.
The Office of the Federal Defender for the Eastern District of California is seeking applications for an Assistant Paralegal position for its Sacramento Office. Assistant Paralegals handle vital litigation tasks, including: general case preparation, case file maintenance, coordinating experts and witnesses, client communication, calendar and docket control, assistance in preparing and filing legal briefs, and interacting with the court and federal agencies. Responsibilities also include backup telephone and reception assistance, and other administrative tasks as needed.