This free benefit offered by SLSA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SLSA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys and legal professionals in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this association act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring to place an advertisement for employment on SLSA’s website may review the listings below and format the advertisement like those already posted. The advertisement should provide the following information: name, firm name, address, phone number, areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. Requests to place advertisements for employment are to be emailed to the Employment Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
The California State Personnel Board (SPB) is hiring for a Legal Analyst. Under the general supervision of the Staff Services Manager I, and working in concert with the Chief Administrative Law Judge, and the Presiding Administrative Law Judge, the Legal Analyst provides legal analytical support for the Appeals Division of SPB. For complete job posting and how to apply, please click here.
Fredrick E. Clement, Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California, is accepting resumes for a Judicial Assistant/Paralegal to work in Chambers.
The Judicial Assistant/Paralegal’s focus will be case work in preparation for law and motion calendars, status conferences and evidentiary hearings. Case work is comprised of paralegal functions, e.g., reviewing pleadings and documents to verify service and procedural compliance with applicable rules and entitlement to relief, and clerical tasks, e.g., preparation of written rulings. Secondary duties will include (1) review of orders submitted by the bar; (2) communication with the clerk’s office and third persons; (3) calendaring appointments; (4) review of incoming and preparation of outgoing correspondence; and (5) preparation of administrative and statistical reports. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to: email@example.com. Submissions must be received no later than noon on April 16, 2019. Only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed for this position.
Weintraub Tobin Law Corporation is currently seeking a full-time (40 hour work week) experienced Litigation Docket Specialist. This position will be based out of our Sacramento office and will work closely with our docket coordinator, docket team, attorneys and legal staff. The role of the Litigation Docket Specialist will include, but is not limited to the following:
Requirements And Expectations:
With minimal supervision, have the ability to:
- Calculate and docket all court appearances, documents and statutes of limitations in accordance with local, state, federal and administrative rules
- Identify state, federal, and administrative documents and apply the correct jurisdiction for calculations
- Research codes, authority, local court rules and judge’s rules in response to attorney and staff inquiries and respond accordingly
- Perform legal research to ensure proper jurisdiction and calculations of deadlines and events
- Prioritize and identify rush assignments and docket accordingly
- Identify and revise deadlines and events in the firm’s docket database when they are updated or concluded
- Assist as firm resource regarding local, county, state and federal rules and policy changes
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Must have 5+ years’ experience as a litigation docket specialist or as an experienced litigation secretary or litigation paralegal
- Experience using CompuLaw docket software preferred
- Paralegal certification and bachelor’s degree preferred
- Team player capable of working effectively and respectfully with all levels of staff
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is Firm policy to provide equal opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, genetics, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. It is the intent of the Firm to comply with all applicable federal and state laws with respect to fair employment practices. The Firm will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability or medical condition or for an employee’s religious beliefs provided the accommodation does not cause undue hardship to the Firm. Any applicant or employee with a qualifying disability or medical condition, or a religious practice, that requires an accommodation in order for the employee to perform the essential function of his or her job, should contact the Human Resources to discuss it further so the Firm can determine if a reasonable accommodation exists and can be provided. Qualified and interested candidates should submit their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Put your career into high gear as a Law Firm Production Clerk at Klinedinst. We have an opening right now for a dependable, hardworking, and upbeat team member to join our imaging and records group in Sacramento. This position will be responsible for duties ranging from the Front Desk, Production, and Records. The ideal candidate to join Klinedinst Sacramento will be friendly, organized, confident, and be excited to learn and adapt. In addition, we are looking for a candidate possessing the following skills:
- Proficiency with Office Suite including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proficiency with converting and manipulating electronic data
- Proficiency with iManage and/or other document management systems
If you believe you have what it takes, and are interested in working in a team-based professional-services firm dedicated to the personal growth of its employees, we want to hear from you. Please visit www.klinedinstlaw.com/careers for additional information and submit your resume today to email@example.com. Recruiters need not apply.
The County of Sacramento is accepting applications for Legal Secretary II. Under general supervision, a Legal Secretary II performs a wide variety of complex legal clerical work requiring independent judgment and discretion, and is subject to minimal work direction and instruction. Positions allocated to this class frequently provide lead direction to other clerical staff. The range of duties typically involves performing work in multiple, unrelated areas of law and for several attorneys, and/or other staff. Incumbents may be required to use shorthand to perform some work assignments.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM on one of the posted cut-off dates of 3/25/19, 6/3/19, or 9/2/19. Please view the official job announcement for all requirements and testing information. The full job announcement and online application can be obtained by clicking here.
Desmond, Nolan, Livaich & Cunningham located in Midtown Sacramento on the R Street corridor, is seeking an experienced litigation secretary to support our eminent domain and real estate practice. The ideal candidate will be capable handling a multitude of duties in a medium size office setting. They will possess excellent organization and customer service skills, have the ability to prioritize their workload, and have great time management skills. DNLC has a casual business environment, and members are often expected to perform tasks as a team.
Advanced knowledge and experience with Office 365, Word, Outlook, Adobe and WordPerfect. Tabs experience is welcome, but not necessary. A strong knowledge of filing/e-filing requirements in the California courts, including Federal courts. A strong knowledge of litigation process and ability to compute deadlines and calendar for state and federal courts, including appellate courts. Qualified individuals should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO TELEPHONE CALL PLEASE!
K. Greg Peterson, APLC, is hiring for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to K. Greg Peterson, Esq. All candidates that are interested can e-mail their resumes to email@example.com. Please visit our website at www.kgregpeterson.com.
- Direct interaction with clients
- Opening, reading, distributing, e-filing and responding to mail and e-mail correspondence
- Preparing simple to complex legal documents of all kinds (probate & trust litigation, estate planning and real estate and business transactional documents)
- Proofreading office work product for spelling and grammar
- Serving and filing legal documents with various courts
- Organizing and maintaining electronic client file system and database
- Scheduling appointments and keeping office calendar
- Superb writing, editing and interpersonal skills
- Judgment and tact in handling sensitive and confidential matters
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Westlaw, TimeSlips
- Keyboarding skills of not less than 75 wpm at 100 percent accuracy
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience as Paralegal/Legal Assistant – no exceptions
- Competency with legal research and drafting in areas of probate and trust litigation, conservatorships, trust administration and estate planning are a must
- Functional knowledge of real estate transactions, insurance and business law a plus
- Expertise at proactively managing scheduling/managing conflicts
- Cheerful willingness to perform an occasional personal task
- Skillful gatekeeper
- Work with highly educated, very experienced co-workers who are focused on achieving superior results and client satisfaction
- Interesting client mix of high net worth individuals and regional family-owned businesses
- Competitive compensation with 401K Plan (matching and profit sharing), paid vacation, sick leave and PTO
- Will consider flexible job schedule and remote working for the right candidate
The County of Sacramento is accepting applications for Legal Secretary I. Legal Secretary I is a journey level class and is characterized by a wide variety of general and legal clerical work which includes composing and typing legal documents and correspondence, processing of legal documents, and maintenance of legal case records. These duties are generally repetitive and require minimal supervision once office procedures are learned.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM on one of the posted cut-off dates of 04/05/19, 07/05/19, or 10/04/19. Please view the official job announcement for all requirements and testing information. The full job announcement and online application can be obtained by clicking here.